My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-4000T HDMI

(14 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Skiwall1 - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Ok. So it's a bit late but here's what I've found. The issue isn't specifically a 'problem' with the hummy box, more of a feature, I'll explain. Pin 13 of the HDMI connector is used for all Arc and CEC comms between devices. Its used to swith other devices on or off remotely. The 4000T has the ability to swith on the TV as the hummy box switches on and this is done via pin 13. The issue with the hummy box is that whilst in stand by it's still periodically talking on pin 13 (software issue from Humax) and this causes interference with other CEC devices and that includes Arc. There are currently 2 work arounds:-
    1) change the sttings in the hummy box power management section to prevent auto stand by and simply leave the hummy box on. (Obviously this isn't always the best for power consumption, hdd life etc)
    2) buy a CEC isolator adaptor (£10) which basically removes the pin 13 connection between the hummy box and the TV. You simply plug it in to either end of your HDMI lead and the problem goes away.
    http://www.lindy.co.uk/cables-adapters-c1/audio-video-c107/hdmi-cec-less-adapter-female-to-male-p7299
    By the way, this issue isn't just caused by Humax boxes. Sky Q and other PVR devices can cause issues with sound bar / amp control

Welcome to our Forum

HDMI CEC can be switched off in the system menu.

| Sun 3 Dec 2017 12:11:49 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

Even with HDMI function turned off the FVP4k leaves an ON signal or at some random time pulses one which interferes with other devices.
    The Software updtae when Humax added the HDMI CEC off option helped but never fixed my problems, I bought an adapter in the end.

| Mon 4 Dec 2017 14:25:32 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Skiwall1

CEC is turned off on my machine from day 1 but didn't stop the issue. It seems the Humax box still has some communication on pin 13 when in stand by mode even with CEC turned off. The CEC isolator adaptor cured the problem instantly and I had no issues with the sound bar connection since.

| Fri 22 Dec 2017 11:33:57 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Before I got a 5000t. I had the same problem between my Panasonic pvr, Samsung 4k TK, and my Sony surround system.
    I found that connecting my sound system via the optical lead instead of the HDMI cured the problem, and is still in use now with my 5000t.
    As long as you've got an output on your TV and an input on your sound bar
    It may be worth a try, as an optical lead is a really cheap fix.
    This way anything you are watching on the TV you just by switching on the sound bar when required regardless of the source worked for me.
    I hope this idea helps.

| Sat 23 Dec 2017 10:27:15 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.