My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 4000T won't turn on!

(44 posts)
  1. anthonygriff

anthonygriff

Freddy - 41 minutes ago  » 
    What problems are you still having with your Humax then?

I thought the problems had disappeared a few months back, I even posted on here to that effect. However after doing everything that everybody else has done in this forum and as instructed by Humax it's now missing the odd recording and when watching instant replay it will suddenly cut to a programme that's just started or started recording.

I've no idea what can be causing the non recording but the other problem might be caused this hdmi-cec thing even though I've got it turned off in the settings. I have got an hdmi plug which disconnects the pin so I'll try that.

A dual tuner is no use as my wife wants to record so many things at the same time that she still gets recording conflicts even now.
    Just regarding the non recordings they all seem to be on itv channel 3 and I'm loathe to send it back as she has so many recordings on it.

I'll see if this new update, if I get it, solves anything.

| Mon 11 Jul 2016 20:24:12 #41 |
  2. Freddy

Freddy

Sorry to hear. The only thing that seems to work is to reboot by unplugging for a minute and then plugging back in.
    Find I have to do this if my wife (women problems again!!) switches the Tv off but not the Humax with the Tv remote.
    I then have a problem getting it back on sometimes as it then jams not having been switched off properly if you know what I mean.

| Mon 11 Jul 2016 21:39:43 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

esme

graham uk - 1 month ago  » 
    Just obtained new 4000T freeview with same lockup problem.
    My local retailer phoned Humax who replied.
    Go to Network Settings
    Turn OFF Network Sevice ( it's on by default)
    When set to OFF it stops 4000T searhing for OS updates which causing the lockup problem.
    After doing the above I no longer get lockups.
    Assuming Humax will do an update with next OS
    graham uk

Yep, we have the same problem, this fixed it & I can live with this solution until humax do a proper fix

| Sun 17 Jul 2016 15:19:53 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kay

dont know if this helps anyone, but Ive had the problem of the box not turning on from standby when its recording, it just ends up freezing and has to be unpluggd.

I contacted Humax a couple of times, the first time they said they were working on the software update. That happened, problem still there. Then the box froze again, the remote wouldnt work at all. I emailed Humax again, said the remote was faulty, they didnt believe me, told me to go through this step and that step, reset to factory settings etc., I didnt want to lose all the recordings I had and anyway the remote didnt work the box to do so. I bought a replacement remote via ebay, and since using the new remote the problem hasnt happened once, therefore proving as far as I am concerned that the remote is the fault. They wouldnt replace the remote even though its under a 2 year guarantee and Im not through the first year yet. Just a thought if none of the Humax steps works, this worked for me.

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 13:23:57 #44 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.