My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Fvp 4000t shows next week’s programmes as recorded

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Martin Liddle - 6 hours ago  » 

Pinkheart - 1 hour ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 17 hours ago  » 
    Any idea roughly what time the incident occurred?

Think it must’ve been around 12.30am (Friday night/Saturday morning) I think. At least that’s roughly when we finished watching a programme & went back to the recording’s page. 50 mins before, all had been fine.

OK I was watching something until about 1am so similar times. I just wonder whether when the date rolled over at midnight something happened to confuse the box about what the date was. By the morning everything was working properly again but the Humax was suffering from a problem that the software designers had imagined. All speculation though.

Btw, out of interest, we now have a new aerial and channels are all back....but bbc stations seem to be pixelated, mildly though, and are stopping for a split second before continuing. Any ideas what might be causing it. Other channels might be affected....poss ch4 but not sure. Thanks!

What is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax when you are watching live TV through the box on one of the affected channels. The other thing to check is that the aerial lead is separated as far as possible from the HDMI lead. I wasted a lot of time fiddling around with signal strength because of blips in the picture only to discover that carpet fitters had moved the TV and managed to tangle together all my carefully separated leads. Separating aerial and HDMI lead fixed that problem.

Your speculation seems as good an explanation as any!
    Signal strength is 47 on tuner one...& 27 on tuner 2 which is taping Dave....successfully, it seems! How far away should the cables be from each other? Obviously can’t be too far as they go into the back of the box!! Had heard this explanation before while googling but again, unsure of distances needed,

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 0:11:29 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 7 mins ago  » 
    Signal strength is 47 on tuner one...& 27 on tuner 2 which is taping Dave....successfully, it seems! How far away should the cables be from each other?

Signal strength of 27% is definitely getting marginal. The main thing is not to have the cables wrapped around each other but several inches separation is better.

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 0:23:28 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Cheers Martin! Do they need to be separated all along their length? Looking at the back of the box, they’re not crossed at all & seem quite separated all along actually. BBC still ‘stuttering’ though.

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 11:09:11 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 2 hours ago  » 
    Do they need to be separated all along their length? Looking at the back of the box, they’re not crossed at all & seem quite separated all along actually. BBC still ‘stuttering’ though.

If they are reasonably well separated then cable separation isn't the issue but unfortunately there are various other causes. Select BBC1 SD and go to signal test and report the multiplex channel number, the signal strength and signal quality. Repeat for ITV SD, Sky Arts, Quest, Yesterday, BBC One HD and if you can receive it BBC Four HD. Also give us the first part of your postcode.

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 13:46:18 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Martin Liddle - 5 hours ago  » 

Pinkheart - 2 hours ago  » 
    Do they need to be separated all along their length? Looking at the back of the box, they’re not crossed at all & seem quite separated all along actually. BBC still ‘stuttering’ though.

If they are reasonably well separated then cable separation isn't the issue but unfortunately there are various other causes. Select BBC1 SD and go to signal test and report the multiplex channel number, the signal strength and signal quality. Repeat for ITV SD, Sky Arts, Quest, Yesterday, BBC One HD and if you can receive it BBC Four HD. Also give us the first part of your postcode.

Just checked them all....though only found quest red, not quest! We don’t have most HD channels as they were removed recently cos of 5G, I think. We lost quite a few channels.
    All the ones you mention show as approx 47/48 strength. Some stayed at 47 and some fluctuated between 47 & 48.
    No bbc4 hd.....did check it anyway....assume it was zero as there was only one tuner showing signal and that was recording.
    Postcode is S8.
    Really appreciate your help with this.

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 19:10:25 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 1 hour ago  » 
    Just checked them all....though only found quest red, not quest! We don’t have most HD channels as they were removed recently cos of 5G, I think. We lost quite a few channels.

You definitely ought to be able to receive the HD channels on the BBC B multiplex. The HD ones on COM7 multiplex are the ones you will struggle to get.

All the ones you mention show as approx 47/48 strength. Some stayed at 47 and some fluctuated between 47 & 48.

You haven't given me the Multiplex channel numbers shown on the tuner test page as CH xx where xx will be a number between 21 and 55; these are important to check how your box is tuned.

No bbc4 hd.....did check it anyway....assume it was zero as there was only one tuner showing signal and that was recording.
    Postcode is S8.

You aren't that far from me in Chesterfield. Knowing how hilly this part of the world is could you send me a Private Message with your full post code so I can look at the coverage predictor properly. Using an arbitrary S8 postcode it seems you might have a choice of Transmitter (Emley Moor, Sheffield, Chesterfield, maybe Waltham and Belmont). Any idea which one you are actually using?

| Thu 18 Feb 2021 20:45:00 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

We never use had channels so not bothered about those ....I just know some were removed in the last year or so along with some +1’s
    We’re defo on Sheffield transmitter......aerial bloke confirmed it& said defo best for us.
    As for the multiplex numbers...I have no idea how I’d find those! To find signal strength I went to ‘signal test’ on the humax & it just showed the 3 tuners and quality/strength. Have I been looking at the wrong bit? If so, where should I be looking?
    Also no idea how to send you a pm!

| Fri 19 Feb 2021 16:39:04 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 22 mins ago  » 
    We never use had channels so not bothered about those ....I just know some were removed in the last year or so along with some +1’s

OK but you could receive the main HD channels if you wanted.

We’re defo on Sheffield transmitter......aerial bloke confirmed it& said defo best for us.

Can't beat local knowledge.

As for the multiplex numbers...I have no idea how I’d find those! To find signal strength I went to ‘signal test’ on the humax & it just showed the 3 tuners and quality/strength.

On my box Signal Test shows additional text immediately to the right of the Tuner number which start with "CHxx" where xx is a number between 21 and 55; that is the number I need for each of the broadcast channels I posted earlier (BBC One, ...).

Also no idea how to send you a pm!

Scroll up towards the top of the Forum page and you will see three lines below your user name, a link called "Private Messages".

| Fri 19 Feb 2021 17:08:05 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Must quickly say I’m SO SORRY, Martin for not replying! I was only saying yesterday that I was surprised you’d never replied! I didn’t get an email to say you had done so!
    Checked signal again....saw the bits you mentioned...I’d not even noticed them, sigh. Results are
    Bbc1 ch27
    ITV. Ch24
    Sky arts. Ch45
    Yesterday....ch39
    Bbc1 hd.......ch21
    As for quest....I don’t have it! Not on the list....should be on ch12 but isn’t, that’s Dave! Dave has been v odd in that, despite numerous retunes, it refused to move!

| Mon 8 Mar 2021 17:06:21 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 5 hours ago  » 
    Must quickly say I’m SO SORRY, Martin for not replying! I was only saying yesterday that I was surprised you’d never replied! I didn’t get an email to say you had done so!

No worries.

Checked signal again....saw the bits you mentioned...I’d not even noticed them, sigh. Results are
    Bbc1 ch27
    ITV. Ch24
    Sky arts. Ch45
    Yesterday....ch39
    Bbc1 hd.......ch21
    As for quest....I don’t have it! Not on the list....should be on ch12 but isn’t, that’s Dave! Dave has been v odd in that, despite numerous retunes, it refused to move!

I agree you are tuned to Sheffield although one multiplex (SDN) is missing. Can I again ask you to PM me your full post code so I can check all the possible transmitter options.

| Mon 8 Mar 2021 22:36:57 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.