My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Fvp 4000t shows next week’s programmes as recorded

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

HELP! recordings section suddenly showed 128 recordings instead of 80.

deleted programmes had reappeared,
    It had programmes shown as recorded, but failed, FROM NEXT WEEK!
    Schedule shows no recordings for Sunday when there should be 2, 2 for Monday when it should be more.....but it also shows sundays date for Monday, some of Mondays programmes for Wednesday etc!

We switched it off at the plug, and back on.....still the same.
    All recorded programmes seem to be there
    DATE AND TIME ARE CORRECT ON THE DISPLAY
    Does anyone have any ideas please?

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 2:30:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 10 hours ago  » 
    HELP! recordings section suddenly showed 128 recordings instead of 80.
    deleted programmes had reappeared,
    It had programmes shown as recorded, but failed, FROM NEXT WEEK!
    Schedule shows no recordings for Sunday when there should be 2, 2 for Monday when it should be more.....but it also shows sundays date for Monday, some of Mondays programmes for Wednesday etc!
    We switched it off at the plug, and back on.....still the same.
    All recorded programmes seem to be there
    DATE AND TIME ARE CORRECT ON THE DISPLAY
    Does anyone have any ideas please?

I saw very similar symptoms this morning so I am glad I am not alone. My only guess is that somehow the box received incorrect information about the date. My approach was to delete all the apparently failed recordings, photograph the schedule of recordings and then did a reset to default settings, manually tuned to my preferred set of multiplexes and then reinstated the schedule. Took about half an hour but the box was due a full retune anyway.

Interested to see if there are any other reports of something similar as I haven't seen anything remotely like this in the two years I have had the FVP-5000T.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 13:14:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Thanks for your comment, Martin! I’ve not been able to find ANYTHING anywhere online that’s even remotely similar!! We were going to try another on/off at the plug but I wanted to watch my Saturday indulgences first!
    Tbh, we’re really dubious about retuning at the mo cos we’ve also lost some stations. After some research I found an article from freeview saying that , last January, exceptionally high air pressure was causing this and to definitely NOT retune! Air pressure in our area is waaaaaay higher than I’ve ever seen....til about Monday.
    Also.....I’ve no idea about what multiplexes are, let alone which are my favourites! Not done manual tune ever either. I’m usually fine with doing techie stuff once I understand what I’m doing but tech actually hates me! I can cause a computer to break over the phone!!

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 13:47:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 2 hours ago  » 
    Also.....I’ve no idea about what multiplexes are, let alone which are my favourites!

If you go back to the days of analogue TV the broadcasters used four different frequencies at the transmitter and each of those frequencies carried a single channel. What happens with Digital TV is that you still have transmitters transmitting on a small number of different frequencies (typically between five and eight) but the difference is that each frequency now supplies more than one channel and this stream of multichannel data at a particular frequency is called a multiplex. You can see which channels are supplied by which multiplex at https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management/channel-listings-industry-professionals so if you look at the channels you can't currently receive then you should be able to work out which multiplex(es) are not properly tuned.

Not done manual tune ever either. I’m usually fine with doing techie stuff once I understand what I’m doing but tech actually hates me!

I accept that a manual tune is confusing at first but it really isn't difficult once you have done it once. Essentially you have to specify the broadcast channel number and set a parameter to say whether the channel number has a transmission type of DVB-T (typically used for standard definition) or DVB-T2 (typically used for high definition) and press abutton and a few seconds later it will tell you how many channels it found and you move on to the next one . There is a FAQ by Barry at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1 which is based on something I wrote for the HDR FOX-T2 which in turn drew on something written by Biggles for the 9200T. Please note the the first URL in the article is obsolete and you should use https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/platform-management to find the channel numbers and transmission type for your transmitter.

My suggestion is wait until Monday, photograph your schedule of future recordings and do an automatic retune making sure the Smart option is off. (The Smart option is designed to retain the schedule of future recordings but in my experience it is poorly implemented and can often causes tuning issues which is why I suggest turning it off.) If that doesn't restore all the channels then consider a manual tune and come back here if you need anything explaining. None of this is difficult, it just requires following instructions and if they are not clear then come back and ask questions.

Admin Edit: obsolete link in FAQ Martin refers to has been changed.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 16:17:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Could it be related/caused by the update rolling out?

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 16:24:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Btw, Martin....did your retune remove your recordings as well as the schedule?

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 16:34:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 

I haven't received the update so I doubt that there is any link.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 19:21:29 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Pinkheart - 2 hours ago  » 
    Btw, Martin....did your retune remove your recordings as well as the schedule?

No. It is probably the most commonly asked question over the years on this Forum and the answer across all the Humax models I am familiar with is that a reset to default settings will only remove the recordings if specifically asked to do so.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 19:23:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Martin Liddle - 25 mins ago  » 

SSThing - 2 hours ago  » 

I haven't received the update so I doubt that there is any link.

What is the date in your system info? See my last post in the YouTube thread.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 19:47:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pinkheart

Cheers Martin....great informative reply! Looks like 3 mixes are involved....ARQA, ARQB & SDN. That’s from a quick look using the channels I definitely know aren’t getting a signal.
    We”ll try your suggestions on Monday....& get back on here if we need to. Really appreciate your help.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 21:55:57 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.