My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T Constantly Crashing

(20 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes I have one just behind my FVP-5000T it has no effect. The pair is used to connect TV and Foxsat-HDR from one end of my lounge to the other to a single cat 5 cable upstairs to the router using a 8 way network switch. No problems at all.

| Sun 25 Feb 2018 18:33:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

uk1

special member

Digital-Craig - 30 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 
    Box has been booted numerous times since change of network connection to Wi-Fi without issue.
    I do note it takes a few seconds after boot for the network connected message to appear.
    @ Digital-Craig when unit is unresponsive what colour is the LED on the unit?

Hey Barry,
    It varies from time to time, it's been both blue and red on different occasions. Frustratingly I cannot just delete the network settings so I'll have to do another factory reset and see how I get on without the internet being connected.
    The only other thing that I think could be causing problems is a powerline adapter I have connected nearby. Anyone else use a powerline adapter near this box?

I have a ten input unmanaged gigabyte switch connected to a powerline with eight stb boxes connected and it works fine.

The only oddity is that my Amazon Fire TV box seems to prefer wifi than a permanent connection..

Hope you get it sorted!

| Sun 25 Feb 2018 18:38:31 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

uk1 - 1 hour ago  » 

Digital-Craig - 30 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 
    Box has been booted numerous times since change of network connection to Wi-Fi without issue.
    I do note it takes a few seconds after boot for the network connected message to appear.

Hey Barry,
    It varies from time to time, it's been both blue and red on different occasions. Frustratingly I cannot just delete the network settings so I'll have to do another factory reset and see how I get on without the internet being connected.
    The only other thing that I think could be causing problems is a powerline adapter I have connected nearby. Anyone else use a powerline adapter near this box?

I have a ten input unmanaged gigabyte switch connected to a powerline with eight stb boxes connected and it works fine.
    The only oddity is that my Amazon Fire TV box seems to prefer wifi than a permanent connection..
    Hope you get it sorted!

My Amazon Fire TV box is happy with a 10/100 cat 5 connected unmanaged network switch (it's not the UHD version). As I have a max speed of 100 Mbps download and all my WiFi connections exceed this wouldn't expect this to be a issue.

At a loss to explain, might be worth reserving a fixed IP address on the router settings to the box mac address, something I always do as some have custom firmware that relies on a known IP address.

| Sun 25 Feb 2018 20:29:59 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Digital-Craig - 14 hours ago  » 

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 

Hey Barry,

I have a powerline adaptor within 3 metres.

If it is blue then that would indicate a HDMI handshake issue if no video audio displayed on TV:

1. Check the TV is displaying the correct input for 5000T.
    2. Check again that HDMI CEC is off on TV
    3. Check HDMI CEC is off in system menu - (TV Power Control)

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 8:56:36 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ranfurlyray

Hi
    I'm not sure what exactly you mean by crashing. Does it just power of and refuse to come back on?
    I have a problem with my 5000t, I don't know if it is related but at times if it is in standby and recording it won't power on. also on Saturday I was watching a program live which I had set to record in case I was late in, after a few minutes it just switched of and refused to come back on. Again it seemed to be related to recording.
    Humax refused to refund me because the box is 2 weeks past the 30 day.
    Talking to them and trying to resolve it.
    They suggested switching CEC on but didn't work and I have done a reset so we will see. None of this fills me with confidence I would rather just go back to me Youview box which I know works.
    It is interesting that similar problems were reported on the 4000t. I don't know if it was ever resolved.

| Mon 12 Mar 2018 13:30:18 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ranfurlyray

Hi
    can anyone please help.
    I have just received my second replacement FVP -5000t 2tb. When switched on the HUmax screen comes up and each corner a message says "FACTORY LOADER" and at the bottom centre a message says press Standby Button to restart. The box will not respond.
    I have spoken to support but they didn't seem to know anything about it.
    The are going to sent me my 4th box next week.
    In the mean time if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
    I am beginning to despair.

Raymond

| Fri 4 Jan 2019 14:46:15 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

TrancePants

4th box? They should send you a medal

| Tue 8 Jan 2019 12:28:39 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

ranfurlyray - 1 week ago  » 
    ...a message says press Standby Button to restart.

I think it means the STANDBY button on the box itself - not on the remote.

What does the manual say?

| Fri 11 Jan 2019 22:07:05 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Has the 4th box arrived? If so I really hope it's working well for you, I can't believe you've had 3 boxes already with faults.

| Wed 16 Jan 2019 11:05:51 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Any further updates? I hope it's all working out well for you.

| Thu 2 May 2019 11:21:12 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.