My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T EPG Catchup

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

I was watching the Gadget Show today, 08 Nov 2019, and a review of the FVP 5000T (it was looking at ways to access Netflix and other streaming services) said the FVP-5000T had a 7 day forward and 7 day backward EPG. I have only ever had 7 day forwards. Going back on the EPG just shows 'No program information' message for all channels.

Confused, I looked on the Humax site and it said you could access catch-up from the EPG (like with Youview boxes), which also suggests that maybe I should be able to see past programs on my EPG.

I have had this box nearly 2 years from new and have never had this feature. Has my box been faulty all of this time?

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 22:17:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Usually, you can get it back by clearing the cookies.

Go to the Players page via the "F" button and select the "i" button at top right of the screen. Follow the prompts.

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 23:25:15 #2 |
  3. Trev

Trev

special member

Presumably your box has an internet connection?

| Fri 8 Nov 2019 23:49:02 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Thanks for the replies.

Yes it has an internet connection and I have no problems using the apps for catch up.

When I press the 'F' button all I get top right is the settings button and nothing on those menus mention cookies

I suppose the first question is, should I have a historic EPG view from which I can select catch up (like Youview boxes) on the FVP-5000T or not?

I tried emailing Humax support and got what I suppose is a standard reply telling me how to connect the box to the internet. This is not the problem

| Sat 9 Nov 2019 12:34:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

OK I have looked this up and yes, I should be getting 7 days of historic EPG, but I am not. I am guessing if I ask Humax support they are going to say do a dreaded factory reset. I guess I may have to try this.

I wonder why the past EPG information is not being displayed? I can in fact scroll back 7 days, but all there is is the 'No program information' message for all channels. I basically have a a Freeview box rather than a Freeview play box at the moment. Anyone any ideas how to fix?

| Sat 9 Nov 2019 12:52:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

I contacted Humax via webchat. They suggested rebooting the router and doing a power cycle of the FVP-5000T. This actually worked! There seems to be a lot of EPG issues with this box for some reason

| Sat 9 Nov 2019 13:19:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

geoffcc - 1 hour ago  » 
    When I press the 'F' button all I get top right is the settings button and nothing on those menus mention cookies

I think you missed the important bit of my suggestion, unless something more serious is happening. To clarify:
    Press the F button
    Select the Players section along the top
    Then, at top right of the screen, you should find a small button marked i, select it.
    That should take you to a page for clearing cookies where you press + on the remote to start to do it.

| Sat 9 Nov 2019 13:42:12 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

geoffcc - 2 hours ago  » 
    There seems to be a lot of EPG issues with this box for some reason

I suspect the general issue is to do with the networking interaction between the Humax and the router with a strong probability that the issue is DNS related. I use OpenDNS and have none of the reported problems.

| Sat 9 Nov 2019 16:00:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Martin: I have been relying on clearing the cookies until now, but with a struggle I have managed to change the DNS to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) on the router and the box has picked it up, so will be interesting to see what happens.

| Sat 9 Nov 2019 17:02:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoffcc

Thanks for the tip. I will try setting it to an open DNS

| Sat 9 Nov 2019 17:34:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.