My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T - Option to Record in HD if available

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

spark30068

Ive checked our box and i can get the option now for SD or HD now, but as you say only for BBC1 and C5 - Looks like Humax have a bug in the software.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 14:07:32 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

spark30068 - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Ive checked our box and i can get the option now for SD or HD now, but as you say only for BBC1 and C5 - Looks like Humax have a bug in the software.

It requires the broadcaster to supply the required metadata in the epg data stream.

Do you not get a prompt if you set a series record from logical channel number 2 (lcn). What's the highest lcn you have on your epg ?

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 15:08:22 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Looks like a BBC screwup. The BBC2 SD/HD link is also not working on a Freesat box,

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 15:16:31 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

spark30068

Graham, i dont get a prompt when selecting BBC2, ITV or CH4.
    Our Panasonic box still offers the option whatever the channel is, even the +1 channel options.

Wouldnt this mean the info is in the data but it Humax that have an issue using the data

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 16:11:12 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

spark30068 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Graham, i dont get a prompt when selecting BBC2, ITV or CH4.
    Our Panasonic box still offers the option whatever the channel is, even the +1 channel options.
    Wouldnt this mean the info is in the data but it Humax that have an issue using the data

I don't think that ITV or Channel 4 have ever provided the SD/HD metadata on Freeview. It does work on Freesat (Channel 4-HD is no longer on Freesat)

Did you check the highest lcn in your epg.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 16:30:01 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

spark30068

Graham, im not 100% sure what you are refering to with Highest lcn.

SD channels go up to 087, then jump to 093 and go up to 098

Apologies is im talking rubish.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 16:39:15 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

spark30068 - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Graham, im not 100% sure what you are refering to with Highest lcn.
    SD channels go up to 087, then jump to 093 and go up to 098
    Apologies is im talking rubish.

What transmitter are you on. Assuming a main power one with COM 7 and COM 8 you should have a lot more.

I was just trying to check you haven't picked up more than one transmitter using autotune. If you had picked and stored PSB One (the SD Mux) and psb3 (The HD Mux) from a different transmitter that may well explain why the SD/HD link doesn't work. If this happens you get duplicates with lcn's in the 800's.

https://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freevie wchannels.html

The BBC2-SD/HD link should work (as it's also broken on Freesat the data that links the SD epg to the HD epg is clearly missing so has to be down to the BBC or in the data links to the transmitter and the satellite upload link)

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 16:48:27 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

p2n

I have had this issue for 3 years. First seen when I replaced an LG TV with a Panasonic TV. The Panasonic only offers the HD alternative on BBC1 and C5 yet my 6/7 year old Panasonic PVR has from day 1 offered all alternative HD channels! My Humax 5000T mirrors the TV offering only BBC1 and C5.

Raised the issue with Panasonic and Freeview (responsible for the epg). Panasonic were a waste of space - Reply could have come from the bread making machine support team. Freeview could at least understand the issue.

The most credible "answer" was that the "epg signal" is generated at/for my local transmitter (Lancaster) since it only broadcasts a sub set of the channels broadcast by its parent transmitter (Winter Hill) and there are two message standards and my "new" TV must only support one of them. There are holes in that explanation but I'd lost the will to live by then

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 18:05:23 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Because of the up to 4 at once recording capability I always record from PSB 3. You can even manage 5 at once if you use the boxes capability to create a recording from the time shift buffer file and use the reminder option. Set from PSB 3 using the HD only epg filter you always get the HD version. Also has the advantage over the HDR-1000S (both have 2TB drives) in having channel 4-HD. Your Freeview-lite transmitter has PSB 3.

| Fri 1 Feb 2019 19:33:46 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I remembered to check last night and my 2000t gives the same results as my 4000t.

| Mon 4 Feb 2019 12:01:47 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.