My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T - recording problems HD / SD choice

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cthatcham

Hi All

I've only had the FVP-5000T for a week so please forgive the newbie questions. I have read the product manual, I promise !

I'm trying to record BBC 2 Winterwatch as a series, using the 'record whole series' option. When I look at the recording schedule it only shows the timer for recordings on 29 Jan and 31 Jan but not the 30 Jan episode. I only have one programme on a different channel scheduled for 30 Jan so there is no reason why it won't record it.

When I try going to the 30 Jan episode in the guide, it gives me the following options: 'record whole series' (despite having tried that on episode 1, I tried it again, without success), 'record this programme' or 'set reminder'. I choose 'record this programme' and it then seems to get stuck in a loop wanting me to choose between HD and SD. It doesn't matter which I choose, it will NOT set to record.

Has anyone a suggestion of how to fix this ?

I know I can watch this particular programme on i-player, but it would be useful to know a work-around in case this issue happens on other channels without catch up options.

Many thanks

| Sat 26 Jan 2019 20:22:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Cancel your currently scheduled recordings and try again. I have just set up the recordings for all four episodes no problem.

| Sat 26 Jan 2019 21:48:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cthatcham

Thanks SSThing - I cancelled the scheduled recordings but still couldn't record the series using 'record whole series'.
    I did however manage to record each programme separately. Weird !

| Sat 26 Jan 2019 22:30:53 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cthatcham - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks SSThing - I cancelled the scheduled recordings but still couldn't record the series using 'record whole series'.
    I did however manage to record each programme separately. Weird !

It's a broadcaster issue. They have screwed up the codes that (CRID's) that are used to link each episode to the same series. You could try contacting the BBC directly. The alternative is to set the first recording and edit the recording to create a manual recording with a suitable repeat platform.

| Sat 26 Jan 2019 22:38:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I have just tried lots of scenarios, keyword search and set/scroll through epg and set/goto first date and set/ goto other dates and set/choose HD option (when offered) and set/choose SD option and set. Worked perfectly every time

| Sun 27 Jan 2019 10:28:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

I've just tried it and it's set to record all of the series (Wenvoe TX)

| Sun 27 Jan 2019 13:12:09 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

cthatcham

Thanks for your replies. It all seems very strange. I even tried checking for software updates before posting my query. I'll just have to see if it happens again!

(Hannington transmitter, if that makes any difference).

| Sun 27 Jan 2019 13:24:54 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Working OK on my 5000T (Lark Stoke - Sutton Coldfield relay)

Attachments

1. Winterwatch.jpg (189 KB, 2 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 27 Jan 2019 14:49:29 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

It's a broadcaster issue. They have screwed up the codes that (CRID's) that are used to link each episode to the same series. You could try contacting the BBC directly.

I have just raised complaint with the BBC saying that the coding for The Papers two programmes on BBC News 24 was incorrect. The BBC responded within a day or two, admitted they had it wrong, and fixed it.

When I attempted to do the same with Channel 5 some time ago I got a complete bozo who said C5 did not provide the facility.

| Mon 28 Jan 2019 19:57:44 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.