My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T refuses to start.

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobK

A bit of a shot in the dark, but Humax boxes have historically had problems when presented with an unreliable network connection, they seem to get caught in a loop trying to get the network going to the exclusion of all else. May be worth trying no connection and a direct (not powerline) wired connection to the internet router. Also seems odd to get the exact same fault on two boxes, are you sure Humax didn't just send your original box back?

| Sun 23 Dec 2018 21:41:13 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ranfurlyray

Hi
    Not the same box, they did an exchange when they delivered the replacement but only send a bare box. I suspect it is one someone else returned and they couldn't find a problem. It is not exactly the same, it is worse. I have had the original for almost a year and tried to get my money back, but unfortunately it had just passed the 30 day refund.
    The box is connected via ethernet to the router. It replaced a BT youview box (made by Humax) which worked without fault. I also have Humax Fox sat box on the same setup which although old and slow still works faultlessly.

| Sun 23 Dec 2018 23:00:49 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I am on my second 5000t (500gb)- the first had to go back within 30 days. This box has behaved well on the whole, a few glitches but it's tech so I know this can happen. If you don't have any joy with Humax by email (a lot of people find they don't reply for ages) give them a ring, they usually take a while to answer but when they do are very nice and try to help.

| Mon 24 Dec 2018 12:02:54 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobK

Whilst being far from the pinnacle of the HDR Fox-T2, you should be able to get basic functionality from your box, so it is looking like another return is required. At least Humax can't fault your attempts to resolve the problem yourself. My only last thoughts are a couple of quirks I have noted whilst using my 4000T: Sometimes when I attempt to turn the box on with the remote nothing seems to happen, leading me to press the button again, effectively turning it back off. If I press once and wait it sometimes springs to life a good few seconds later. I also have sometimes found I can be viewing the Humax, but the remote is completely non-functional. I have to press the remote power button to get control back as it appears that the box is recording and therefore keeping the tv output on, whilst it also simultaneously thinks it is in standby. Hope you find a solution, but I suspect it will be with a new box.

| Mon 24 Dec 2018 12:24:29 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.