My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T Replacement Remote

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

My original remote was programmed to switch my LG TV On and Off using a code from the user manual. Recently the TV Standby Button has become erratic and can take many presses before it works. I tried new batteries but the problem remained. I purchased a replacement remote that looks identical to the original apart from the HUMAX branding and it works OK apart from the fact that I can't program it to operate the TV. I've tried all the codes in the user guide without any luck. Pity I didn't write down the code I used before! Any suggestions before I send it back for a refund?

| Thu 8 Dec 2022 12:17:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeoffKurth

Quite a lot of these replacements will ONLY operate the Humax, and do not support controlling other devices.
    This is usually stated in the advertisement, but if not - check with your supplier and ask for a refund.

| Fri 9 Dec 2022 18:02:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Returned it for a refund and ordered a genuine Humax one instead. I guess you get what you pay for!

| Fri 9 Dec 2022 19:34:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

If you are very careful, you can prise the Humax remote top and bottom parts apart (you may need a sharp but stiff blade - Swiss Army Knife perhaps) and wipe the grease off the rubber contacts with a cotton bud to get them going again.

I would suggest not removing the foil from inside the remote from the rest as it doesn't seem normally to be a problem.

| Sun 11 Dec 2022 0:25:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » </cite
    I would suggest not removing the foil from inside the remote from the rest as it doesn't seem normally to be a problem.

Although some YouTube videos do suggest prising it off the PCB.

| Sun 11 Dec 2022 1:29:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a go at it and if it works I'll have a spare!

| Sun 11 Dec 2022 14:27:16 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.