My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP 5000T seems to be deleting recordings

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveTheRave

I've noticed for a few months now that some recordings seem to disappear as though they have been deleted. I was about to watch something I recorded a few weeks ago and that wasn't on the list anymore. I have at least 50% HDD space left and I do not have any auto delete oldest recording setting enabled. I don't understand why random recordings just go. It's not even the oldest ones on the list (I have some stored from last Christmas).

Does the Humax do some kind of purge based on broadcast settings? What I mean is that for example if you look at BBC iPlayer, it shows content and says an episode expires in X amount of days. Does Freeview recordings have such a feature that forces a delete based on an expiry date?

| Mon 23 Dec 2019 13:48:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Some programs in a series link (Horizons, Panoramas and such like), will appear not to have recorded (or have been deleted) but will be in the list somewhere with an obscure name relating to the most recent episode.

| Mon 23 Dec 2019 17:16:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I agree. I have never lost a recording. It is almost certainly faulty labelling of the programme in the EPG.

Recently Episode 8 of a series I was recording changed the folder name to Episode 8 and confused me. It was the last episode of the series so I was not able to check if Episode 9 would set it back correct. Sometimes recordings just get given other programme names - again almost certainly faulty EPG data.

Also films split into two sometimes get really confused - C5 and its bedfellows are the worst culprits.

| Mon 30 Dec 2019 18:54:05 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.