My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T Program lettering

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bernie9927

I have difficulty reading the Program information on the right hand side of the TV screen whenever I change channels. The Channel number and name are clear enough because they are in capitals and are bright but the program information below is much smaller and indistinct, which is annoying because I can watch Freeview on its own and all information is crystal clear but not when I watch it via the Humax Box. Has anyone had the same experience and knows how to increase the size or clarity of the channel information. Incidentally, I sit about 12 feet (144 cm) away from my LCD 37" TV which I consider as not being not too far away.

| Sat 27 Jul 2019 17:37:42 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

You should seriously consider buying a much larger TV, or move closer to your current one.
    Probably something in the region of 55-60" would be more suitable for your viewing distance.

| Sat 27 Jul 2019 20:55:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It's not possible to change the font or size of the information display.
    You can, however, change the duration of the onscreen message via settings/general settings/on-screen display/info display time. Perhaps increasing this will be beneficial?
    Also, make sure that output resolution from your Humax is set correctly to match the resolution of your TV. Settings/general settings/video/resolution.

| Sun 28 Jul 2019 11:56:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bernie9927

Many thanks both of you for responding to my query.

In reply to SSThing, I extended the timing of the on screen display as suggested and it has helped a little.

However, in reply to your second paragraph it seems that the nearest resolution for my older TV is 800 or 1024 and is not quite compatible with the Humax which runs at 750 or 1080. Although the difference is slight, this may be the reason the smaller lettering is not distinct enough for me from 12 feet away. I assume that the latest TV's would have a compatible resolution of 1080 and would improve the lettering, in which case I may consider buying a larger TV as Brian suggests. Incidentally, my lounge and its seating is more or less set in stone and I am unable to move closure than 12 feet!

Many thanks

| Mon 29 Jul 2019 15:17:36 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.