My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

G3 Freesat BOX from Arris

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Regarding LNB technology I know enough to get by, but really not a lot. So the 4-recordings capability would I believe be ruled out with my current setup of an eight-way LNB fed to a patch panel that has thirteen outlets. Patch as required. I'm not in any hurry to change for the sake of 4 simultaneous recordings.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 13:37:26 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 3 hours ago  » 
    Regarding LNB technology I know enough to get by, but really not a lot. So the 4-recordings capability would I believe be ruled out with my current setup of an eight-way LNB fed to a patch panel that has thirteen outlets. Patch as required. I'm not in any hurry to change for the sake of 4 simultaneous recordings.

Assuming the octal is aligned on 28.2E.

You would need to fit the 6 output hybrid lnb. Use two of the outputs connected to the new box and select wideband in setup. Use the remaining 4 to connect to a multiswitch that works with standard universal lnb's.

How many satellite tuners do you actually need ? A 1 in 4 out switch would give you enough to run two more satellite PVr's - no patching required.

https://cpc.farnell.com/triax/318109/tms-508-se-aq-bs-5x8-quad-multiswitch/dp/AP03341?mckv=sMie4QjoA_dc|pcrid|224680055011|kword||match||plid||slid||product|AP03341|pgrid|51011277550|ptaid|pla-836055798603|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyp7yBRCwARIsABfQsnQdj1KzZPxBR4ei1bexGvUVNXHIfnByseTGLXr--FkGrlNU04K7yZ4aAgDrEALw_wcB

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 17:02:15 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

All that waiting for this. Blimey, why would anyone be leaving SkyQ for this offering? I can record up to six channels at once. Sorry I'm oot.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 17:38:13 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 16 mins ago  » 
    All that waiting for this. Blimey, why would anyone be leaving SkyQ for this offering? I can record up to six channels at once. Sorry I'm oot.

I can record 10 if you include my network streaming V-Box and it costs nothing.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 17:55:59 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

deleted

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 17:56:23 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 55 mins ago  » ...You would need to fit the 6 output hybrid lnb. Use two of the outputs connected to the new box and select wideband in setup. Use the remaining 4 to connect to a multiswitch that works with standard universal lnb's...
    https://cpc.farnell.com/triax/318109/tms-508-se-aq-bs-5x8-quad-multiswitch/dp/AP03341

Yes, good suggestions. That's the way to go if I decide to go for the new PVR from Arris in the future. After the debacle that was the 1000S early days I'll wait this one out for a while.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 17:58:37 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 26 mins ago  » ...I can record up to six channels at once...

Any given evening I would genuinely struggle to find 6 pgms that I wanted to simultaneously record. All those channels and streaming services and so much junk.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 18:06:30 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

Faust - 16 mins ago  » 

Still not in the same league as Sky Q. Cost isn't a factor, it's the tech we're discussing.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 22:12:08 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 hours ago  » 

Faust - 26 mins ago  » ...I can record up to six channels at once...

Any given evening I would genuinely struggle to find 6 pgms that I wanted to simultaneously record. All those channels and streaming services and so much junk.

I'm running a further two PVRs and sometimes all three are insufficient. We also have Netflix and Prime.

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 22:14:20 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 5 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

Faust - 16 mins ago  » 

Still not in the same league as Sky Q. Cost isn't a factor, it's the tech we're discussing.

Why ?

Happy you are happy to pay for the tech, Fact is that you can have the the tech that you pay a lot of money for for a fraction of the cost and with none of the restrictions or costs provided of course that you are happy with Free To Air content. If you want to watch exclusively Sky encrypted paid for content, I have to ask what is your point ?

If you are happy with Free To Air content whatever the source there is a lot choice using a motorised dish (including 4K content).

How many channels do you actually watch on your Sky-Q box that you have to pay for ?

| Sat 15 Feb 2020 22:32:27 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.