My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

G3 Freesat BOX from Arris

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

I recall, Faust, that you told us you got the SKY-Q sub as a gift. Key question is, will you renew when it costs you?

| Sun 16 Feb 2020 12:42:39 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 17 hours ago  » 

Faust - 5 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » 

Faust - 16 mins ago  » 
    All that waiting for this. Blimey, why would anyone be leaving SkyQ for this offering? I can record up to six channels at once. Sorry I'm oot.

I can record 10 if you include my network streaming V-Box and it costs nothing.

Still not in the same league as Sky Q. Cost isn't a factor, it's the tech we're discussing.

Why ?
    Happy you are happy to pay for the tech, Fact is that you can have the the tech that you pay a lot of money for for a fraction of the cost and with none of the restrictions or costs provided of course that you are happy with Free To Air content. If you want to watch exclusively Sky encrypted paid for content, I have to ask what is your point ?
    If you are happy with Free To Air content whatever the source there is a lot choice using a motorised dish (including 4K content).
    How many channels do you actually watch on your Sky-Q box that you have to pay for ?

I can't see anything that compares with Q in one box. Perhaps you know different? I have both the Freesat box and BT Youview box. The 5000T cerainly doesn't cut the mustard either.

| Sun 16 Feb 2020 15:41:02 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I recall, Faust, that you told us you got the SKY-Q sub as a gift. Key question is, will you renew when it costs you?

Another 12 months to think about that. Who knows my benefactor may renew for me.
    It's certainly an impressive system. Voice control is especially impressive.

| Sun 16 Feb 2020 15:42:28 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 7 hours ago  » 

Another 12 months to think about that. Who knows my benefactor may renew for me.

How good is the limited Sky 4K content ? I read lots of posts that indicate the quality is less than impressive. On the other hand.

A 4K firestick plugged into My Denon AV receiver. Has (Iplayer 4K - HDR- HLG, support, Amazon prime with native framerate support, and best of all supports native frame rate matching from the free Plex media server client from the Plex media server installed on my Laptop) Gives brilliant surround sound from Media files with 5.1 AC3 or 6 channel HE-AAC audio.

1 Delivers superb 4K HDR HLG content from BBC iplayer.

2 Great pictures from Prime thanks to native framerate matching capability. This includes HD content. 4K content from Netflix is excellent, but has some motion artefacts thanks to 24Hz content being re-scaled to 60Hz

Picard in in Full-HD from prime has superb audio.

3 The best (amazing video and audio quality) from a Panasonic 4K-Bluray player when playing back a 4K - HDR disk with lossless audio plus Dolby Atmos.

No way the highly compressed Sky content can come close.

A 4K firestick (cost £ 25:00) has voice control).

| Sun 16 Feb 2020 23:47:25 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 

Faust - 7 hours ago  » 

How good is the limited Sky 4K content ? I read lots of posts that indicate the quality is less than impressive. On the other hand.
    A 4K firestick plugged into My Denon AV receiver. Has (Iplayer 4K - HDR- HLG, support, Amazon prime with native framerate support, and best of all supports native frame rate matching from the free Plex media server client from the Plex media server installed on my Laptop) Gives brilliant surround sound from Media files with 5.1 AC3 or 6 channel HE-AAC audio.
    1 Delivers superb 4K HDR HLG content from BBC iplayer.
    2 Great pictures from Prime thanks to native framerate matching capability. This includes HD content. 4K content from Netflix is excellent, but has some motion artefacts thanks to 24Hz content being re-scaled to 60Hz
    Picard in in Full-HD from prime has superb audio.
    3 The best (amazing video and audio quality) from a Panasonic 4K-Bluray player when playing back a 4K - HDR disk with lossless audio plus Dolby Atmos.
    No way the highly compressed Sky content can come close.
    A 4K firestick (cost £ 25:00) has voice control).

No idea, as I don't subscribe. I stick to Netflix and Prime for UHD/HDR. However, for the best experience Apple TV 4K in Dolby Vision on my new C9. BTW I was right about the internal Atmos speakers - rubbish when compared to a seperate dedicated audio source.

| Mon 17 Feb 2020 12:54:52 #25 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.