My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Great! Channels stop working

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan_in_stoke

I’ve noticed this past week all the “Great!” Channels have stopped working. They work for the first 5 - 10 seconds the the screen goes blank except for a red dot and “Great player” showing.

I’ve done a factory reset and retune of channels but that didn’t fix it.

Anyone else encountering this ?

| Fri 22 Mar 2024 23:06:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

My Aura does the same. Clearly a fault introduced by Great, or a cynical method of forcing people to their player.

Only solutions I've found so far.
    1) Disconnect the Aura from the internet. I did this and the channels worked.
    2) Either quickly press record or set a timer for the channel. Then watch the recording back a minute or so later.

| Sat 23 Mar 2024 8:44:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan_in_stoke

EEPhil - 4 hours ago  » 
    My Aura does the same. Clearly a fault introduced by Great, or a cynical method of forcing people to their player.
    2) Either quickly press record or set a timer for the channel. Then watch the recording back a minute or so later.

Thanks option 2 seems like the easier option to try….i don’t fancy unplugging the Ethernet cable every time.

| Sat 23 Mar 2024 12:52:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Dan_in_stoke - 5 hours ago  » 

EEPhil - 4 hours ago  » 

Thanks option 2 seems like the easier option to try….i don’t fancy unplugging the Ethernet cable every time.

Or Use wifi and switch it on and off

| Sat 23 Mar 2024 18:12:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Boffin

My Aura does a similar thing. The PIP in the guide is fine but going to the main screen it goes blank for a time then recovers for a bit - repeating this until I give up and watch another channel!

| Tue 26 Mar 2024 17:02:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blackwidow

Good evening! I have just got a humax aura 2tb, and we are having exactly this problem with Great! Action channel. By accident, I think we have found a sort of fix for this. When the screen goes black, press the red button on the control to open Great Movies. When you exit it,you go back to a black screen, but after a few seconds the film then shows up. I will report back if I find this stops working.

| Tue 26 Mar 2024 23:42:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

stella

I'm having exactly the same issue! The only way I've found of getting round it is to actually just record the entire programme and then watch it back later! It's just so frustrating....

| Thu 28 Mar 2024 12:24:19 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan_in_stoke

Blackwidow - 1 day ago  » 
    Good evening! I have just got a humax aura 2tb, and we are having exactly this problem with Great! Action channel. By accident, I think we have found a sort of fix for this. When the screen goes black, press the red button on the control to open Great Movies. When you exit it,you go back to a black screen, but after a few seconds the film then shows up. I will report back if I find this stops working.

Tried this evening and you’re right. It works, loading the app then exiting gets back to the film.

| Thu 28 Mar 2024 22:23:47 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blackwidow

Dan_in_stoke - 12 mins ago  » 

Tried this evening and you’re right. It works, loading the app then exiting gets back to the film.

Brilliant, I’m really pleased it has helped!

| Thu 28 Mar 2024 22:36:10 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Skull66

Dan_in_stoke - 12 mins ago  » 

Brilliant, I’m really pleased it has helped!

You've also helped me, and saved my aura4k from being stomped!

| Sat 30 Mar 2024 21:08:25 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.