My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Green Button

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Using 4000T, if I restart any BBC program using the green button, it opens up iplayer but not quite as normal as it does not show the time elapsed bar so I can only play or pause but I can not fast forward nor rewind. Is this a known problem.
    If I start the iplayer app normally it works fine, problem only seems to be when app is started using the green button.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 0:22:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Same here.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 5:55:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Using the green button is going into the I player via the BBC transmitted function .
    Hence the restrictions imposed by the BBC which links you directly to that particular programme only, and nothing else on the iPlayer.
    However using the iPlayer button on the 4000t you are in connecting to the full version. Not a single thread that the view from the start which is for a single programme.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 8:31:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It would still make sense (and be useful) to be able to ff/rw.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 9:21:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

john1 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Using the green button is going into the I player via the BBC transmitted function .
    Hence the restrictions imposed by the BBC which links you directly to that particular programme only, and nothing else on the iPlayer.
    However using the iPlayer button on the 4000t you are in connecting to the full version. Not a single thread that the view from the start which is for a single programme.

Sorry but that does not make sense to me. I was not aware of any BBC imposed restrictions for the Green Button feature on Humax. If I use the Green Button feature on my Samsung TV it opens the normal Iplayer with all features working. Why would BBC impose a restriction on Humax only and not other manufacturers ?

I've looked in the FAQ section but can not find any mention of the Green Button functionality in there ?

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 13:43:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

On my LG TV, pressing green button tells me that the programme is restarting but then just plays live via iPlayer, with the only options being stop or i. The image is also in 4:3 not full-screen.
    So not just a Humax issue, I guess the various manufacturers are yet to properly implement the software.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 15:33:51 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The colour keys on a Humax FVP unit are reserved for use by broadcasters (it states this in the user manual). Earlier units like the Humax HDR-FOX-T2 had the colour key assignments made by Humax.

Afaik the only Humax involvement in programming the colour buttons is to access the box hidden menus. Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 15:40:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

If it was not just a BBC Transmitted Feature why would it only work on BBC?
    On another Post it works in exactly the same way on a L G TV, as well as my Samsung TV.
    As grahamThompson has stated.
    The colour keys on a Humax FVP unit are reserved or Broadcasters use only.
    As it states this Fact in the user Manual .
    I'm surprised that If Giverny read the user guide just how is he so confused ?

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 19:04:35 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

john1 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    As it states this Fact in the user Manual .
    I'm surprised that If Giverny read the user guide just how is he so confused ?

I think you are being a bit unfair; you need to read the user manual pretty closely and have a good memory to have that fact available.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 19:43:39 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I apologise if I was being a bit unfair.
    However I was only advising How the Humax works Factually.
    The point I was trying to make was that the Green button onscreen flag Is a BBC Portal Item with a limited access. Not a Humax feature. As was confirmed on here.
    Indeed on my TV and on ssthings TV it sounds as if his is the same.
    However, as usual the original poster doesn't ask for further information ,
    But,thinks that everyone else on this forum are always talking rubbish.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 20:19:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.