My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Green Button

(18 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

john1 - 37 minutes ago  » 
    As it states this Fact in the user Manual .
    I'm surprised that If Giverny read the user guide just how is he so confused ?

I think you are being a bit unfair; you need to read the user manual pretty closely and have a good memory to have that fact available.

The page detailing what the remote control buttons do has the coloured buttons marked as reserved for broadcaster use. I have pointed this out before. Presumably it's part of the Freeview Play certification requirements.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 20:49:18 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

I think you are being a bit unfair; you need to read the user manual pretty closely and have a good memory to have that fact available.

The page detailing what the remote control buttons do has the coloured buttons marked as reserved for broadcaster use. I have pointed this out before. Presumably it's part of the Freeview Play certification requirements.

I know how to read a user guide, thank you.
    The user manual that came with my box is very basic and makes a one line mention of the coloured buttons for interactive use, no mention of the restart green button usage, which came later..
    I thought the BBC introducing the green button restart facility would be on the basis that the functionality would be constant across platforms, obviously I was wrong but strange for the app to do everything other than ff/rw.

| Mon 3 Jun 2019 22:42:19 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

SSThing - 14 hours ago  » 
    On my LG TV, pressing green button tells me that the programme is restarting but then just plays live via iPlayer, with the only options being stop or i. The image is also in 4:3 not full-screen.
    So not just a Humax issue, I guess the various manufacturers are yet to properly implement the software.

Just to clarify, the programme does not restart, it just continues from where it was when I pressed the green button but is now live streaming.

| Tue 4 Jun 2019 6:03:01 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

giverny - 10 hours ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

I know how to read a user guide, thank you.
    The user manual that came with my box is very basic and makes a one line mention of the coloured buttons for interactive use, no mention of the restart green button usage, which came later..
    I thought the BBC introducing the green button restart facility would be on the basis that the functionality would be constant across platforms, obviously I was wrong but strange for the app to do everything other than ff/rw.

Possibly down to different hardware. I agree that reserving all the buttons for there own use that the implementation across different FVP kit should be the same (hardware permitting).

Incidentally you can steal the coloured buttons using a higher end logitech remote which allow a macro sequence of commands to be assigned to remote control buttons.

| Tue 4 Jun 2019 9:40:50 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 

We seem to have gone a little adrift. My original posting was not asking about the colour buttons, my query was specifically if anyone knew why the BBC restart feature does not offer ff/rw options.

| Wed 5 Jun 2019 9:42:22 #15 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

Quote of quotes of quotes of quotes. Whats that all about?
    Just tried green button on my LG on BBC1HD. It went back to the start of the prog, but I could FF to present time no problem but I didn't try rewind Doh!. It won't now go back to iPlayer on green button a second time though.

| Wed 5 Jun 2019 9:54:37 #16 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

Just tried again and do have both FF and RW, no prob.
    Your problem must be the way that your set handles it.

| Wed 5 Jun 2019 10:04:20 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Trev - 21 hours ago  » 
    Just tried again and do have both FF and RW, no prob.
    Your problem must be the way that your set handles it.

My tv handles it fine too. My query was if anyone knew why not on the Humax?

| Thu 6 Jun 2019 7:18:50 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.