My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Green Screen

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gem

I think you're right.. the problem is the TV is only a year old.. so no way I'm changing that.. but same thing.. it just gets worse and worse.. it didn't do this at first.
    I'm not sure I've done the right thing with the loader changes.. I assume they've installed..
    Have a feeling they won't replace it though

thanks for your help

bmax - 8 hours ago  » 
    A few years ago,I too had a green screen problem which got gradually worse over a few months, until it become intolerable. My spare Humax worked fine on the same TV. I tried all the usual fixes (except for loader changes) to no avail.
    I persuaded Humax to agree to an exchange, but before the actual change over, I bought a new Panasonic TV to replace the ageing Sony Bravia (for other reasons). The green screen problem disappeared! I canceled the exchange and I have never had a green screen since.
    I assume that there is possibly a timing problem between certain Tvs and the Humax, as there seems to be no definite relationship between various manufacturers, so maybe it is just the luck of the draw!

| Sun 18 Mar 2018 21:38:29 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Gem - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm not sure I've done the right thing with the loader changes.. I assume they've installed.

That is not how the loader works.
    Only 1 loader can exist on an HDR-FOX T2 at a time. WHne you install a different loader it ovwerwrites the previouse loader that was installed.
    When you boot up the HDR-FOX T2 from full stand-by the HDR-FOX T2 will display the Humax flash screen. The Humax flash screen is black with Humax written large in the centre, and in the bottom left hand corner it will state which loader is being used.

The idea is to try each loader for a week or so and see which one produces the leaast green screen issues for you. Obviously if one is obviously particularly bad you move on to the next. You'll need to make a note of how each was for you otherwise at the end of trying the 3 others you won't know which was the best compared to the one you had been using.

| Sun 18 Mar 2018 23:12:17 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gem

ah I see, thanks Luke that helps! I don't think I did it correctly.

Luke - 23 hours ago  » 

Gem - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm not sure I've done the right thing with the loader changes.. I assume they've installed.

That is not how the loader works.
    Only 1 loader can exist on an HDR-FOX T2 at a time. WHne you install a different loader it ovwerwrites the previouse loader that was installed.
    When you boot up the HDR-FOX T2 from full stand-by the HDR-FOX T2 will display the Humax flash screen. The Humax flash screen is black with Humax written large in the centre, and in the bottom left hand corner it will state which loader is being used.
    The idea is to try each loader for a week or so and see which one produces the leaast green screen issues for you. Obviously if one is obviously particularly bad you move on to the next. You'll need to make a note of how each was for you otherwise at the end of trying the 3 others you won't know which was the best compared to the one you had been using.

| Mon 19 Mar 2018 22:22:21 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gem

trying each loader.. but still getting the issues.
    Does anyone think installing an earlier old software version might help? or would that just make it worse or no difference?

im so fed up

| Sun 25 Mar 2018 9:45:20 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Gem - 1 day ago  » 
    Does anyone think installing an earlier old software version might help? or would that just make it worse or no difference?
    im so fed up

Sorry that didn't help but in my first post in this thread I did say the symptoms you were reporting suggested a hardware failure. In my view it is time for you to give up.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 11:35:46 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gem

i think you may be right Martin

Martin Liddle - 2 days ago  » 

Gem - 1 day ago  » 
    im so fed up

Sorry that didn't help but in my first post in this thread I did say the symptoms you were reporting suggested a hardware failure. In my view it is time for you to give up.

| Wed 28 Mar 2018 14:36:45 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gem

so I bought a Humax HDR 2000-T and what the hell is with the noise?!

there is a constant whirring noise coming from it, like the sound a hard drive makes when it starts up. But it's all the time, very loud and very annoying. I've never had this problem. My mum has this model and hers doesn't do this.
    It also doesn’t matter how loud I have the TV it’s still audible.

Anyone had this issue?
    The company say they will collect it and test it etc after I provided a video of the sound.. but then ill be without one for a while as I gave my other away!

why can't anything just work properly!

| Tue 10 Apr 2018 20:54:58 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gem

seems to have calmed down a bit now.. ignore me!

| Wed 11 Apr 2018 20:46:14 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

embee999

This may be an old topic, but the problems still exist. I acquired two recent 50/43 inch TVs, a Panasonic and a Sony - NOT 4k. Both exhibit the same features - full green screen from HDMI on HDR T2. My 8-year-old Panasonic 32" very occasionally (every 3 months) went green screen but power cycling the Humax (sometimes just re-plugging the hdmi cable) ALWAYS solved the connection issue. I persevered with the Sony, moving the connection to the phono Red/White/Yellow set. I did notice that if you have an HDMI cable in as well, you will get a long message about legal issues popping up on the phono video link on switching from the HDMI green screen to AV. Given the mass of unsatisfied Humax & Panasonic customers with the latest kit, I'll sit on my hands until better options present. My current fallback is a RaspberryPI3 + tuner + TVHeadend which worked well for the recent world rugby cup.

| Thu 12 Dec 2019 16:10:20 #19 |
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker

Hello, another newbie with the same green screen snags. HDR FOX T2/Sony Bravia TV.

This recurrent problem seems to be a bit of an elephant in the room for Humax and has persisted for many years, regardless of HDMI cables, switches, loader software and tv manufacturer.

The solutions are all temporary and the green screen handshake issue returns and increases in frequency, to the point of despair.

My 'fixes' usually involve completely powering-down the TV and Humax for increasingly lengthy periods of up to an hour or more, standing on one leg, facing East, having an argument with my wife about who turned it off, what sequence they used, who turned it on wrong, who turned it off incorrectly etc, etc.

Having checked the warranty, it doesn't seem to include cover for divorce.

My guess is the green screen problem, as stated previously in this thread, is simply due to a hardware component degradation issue...hence the gradual deterioration and increasing frequency of the issue.

The ONLY solution inevitably revolves around upgrading your Humax, funny old thing. Or switching to an alternative brand.

Currently looking at the Humax FVP5000T in a bid to salvage my marriage for another couple of years.

If anyone is considering leaving their partner, I have a HDR Fox T2 (saves the hassle of an extra-marital affair). Ten quid, buyer collects.

Happy Christmas.

| Mon 23 Dec 2019 8:13:18 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.