My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Guide Population question

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

On my previous FVP4000T I used to set up a daily wake up timer to ensure the guide was fully populated by the time I wanted to use it in the evening. As the Aura does not have this facility I set a daily reminder for BBC1 HD instead and it seems to do what I want it to (wake up and tune to BBC 1 HD). This is especially important to me as I have mine set to go into deep standby and it takes a few minutes for everything to fully wake up /populate etc.

My question is, if I start up the Humax before my reminder it will automatically go to the Freeview home page. If I then say look at YouTube or Plex, will the guide still be populating in the background (on whatever the last channel it was on) or will it not start to do that until I go to 'Live TV'?

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 12:16:10 #1 |
  2. Mars

Mars

special member

Is there any reason to believe that the Aura guide will not populate when in normal standby? Obviously, if it is in deep standby 24/7 then the guide will not populate.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 16:53:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I don’t know as I never use normal standby that’s why I was wondering if it does it in the background whilst in the apps section.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 20:24:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I would like to think that the EPG would populate in the background but my gut feeling (based on Humaxs historic lack of common sense) is that it won't.

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 10:48:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

SSThing - 3 hours ago  » 
    I would like to think that the EPG would populate in the background but my gut feeling (based on Humaxs historic lack of common sense) is that it won't.

That is what I was wondering.

I always choose BBC1 HD as my 'wake up' channel as the guide populates much quicker than say 111 being QVC HD.

When I first got the box I noticed some programs were not scheduled when they should have been, so I switched over to 101 and withini a short time they were all set.

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 14:15:51 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.