My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Had the Aura for 2 months - still a few issues

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ShaunIOW

I've had and been using the Aura for just over 2 months now and am generally very pleased with it, but there are a few issues I was hoping would have been sorted in one of the firmware upgrades, so was wondering if there was any news on fixes.

1. Random sound dropouts of a second or two especially on recordings playback.

2. When first powering up it sometimes goes to eitehr a black screen (or though there is sound) or a screen of static (see pic), and needs powering off/on again sometimes a few times.

3. After pausing a recording, it sometimes goes back to the start on playback resuming again.

Also, any news on working Britbox and Apple TV apps? Netflix and Now TV would be nice as well.

Cheers

Attachments

1. screen.jpg (793.5 KB, 19 downloads) 2 years old
    | Fri 28 May 2021 14:46:55 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I did have one black screen after just pressing live tv button instead of stopping and quitting iPlayer first. My Aura didn’t like that. I had to do an unplug and restart to get it back. I don’t know about other issues

| Sat 29 May 2021 9:44:51 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ShaunIOW - 20 hours ago  » 
    I've had and been using the Aura for just over 2 months now and am generally very pleased with it, but there are a few issues I was hoping would have been sorted in one of the firmware upgrades, so was wondering if there was any news on fixes.
    2. When first powering up it sometimes goes to eitehr a black screen (or though there is sound) or a screen of static (see pic), and needs powering off/on again sometimes a few times.
    3. After pausing a recording, it sometimes goes back to the start on playback resuming again.
    Also, any news on working Britbox and Apple TV apps? Netflix and Now TV would be nice as well.
    Cheers

Number 3. I get similar occasionally when using the skip forward key it sometimes jumps back to the beginning. When it happens resume is offered that gets you back to where you are.

| Sat 29 May 2021 11:30:42 #3 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I have noticed the sound level is much lower on iPlayer’s than for broadcast channels. I think YouTube is a bit quiet and possibly Amazon prime app is a bit low sound wise too. Not a major problem but should all be at the same level really, especially when you quit and go back to live tv you have to turn it down it again.

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 13:24:07 #4 |
  5. brian

brian

special member

Paul Bton - 4 hours ago  » 
    I have noticed the sound level is much lower on iPlayer’s than for broadcast channels. I think YouTube is a bit quiet and possibly Amazon prime app is a bit low sound wise too. Not a major problem but should all be at the same level really, especially when you quit and go back to live tv you have to turn it down it again.

Are you part of the beta firmware group?

This issue was resolved about a month ago in a beta release.

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 17:59:13 #5 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

brian - 2 hours ago  » 

Paul Bton - 4 hours ago  » 

Are you part of the beta firmware group?
    This issue was resolved about a month ago in a beta release.

No I’m not part of the Beta firmware group. Glad it will be resolved when we get a firmware update at some point. I didn’t realise it had been noted there. Thanks

| Tue 15 Jun 2021 20:36:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Les_ldh

ShaunIOW - 1 mnth ago  » 
    Cheers

I have number 1 as well, but it is also accompanied by a black screen. It only happens when playing recordings and never on live tv. It only started happening a couple of months ago, so I’m wondering if it was introduced by one of the firmware updates.

| Fri 2 Jul 2021 18:15:42 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.