(622 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Billibob - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 

Billibob - 1 hour ago  » 

ChrisLux - 38 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not sure if it matters what country the box is in, you can start it up without any network or satellite connection which I have just tried with mine, it says no signal of course but I can still access the Settings menu and go to Storage where it tells me there is no hard drive connected so even in South Korea they should see this and be able to do some tests...as for a solution well who knows...

Probably true but this fault has a nasty habit of disappearing. My impression is that a scheduled recording set via the app can disrupt the firmware, if series linked this schedule could be active for weeks or months. Once the schedule has elapsed and the unit is restarted the fault is resolved. Not stating this as fact just a thought.

Series links auto delete after not being used for 13 weeks.

There is no end date or last episode flag in a series recording schedule. The box does not know when the last episode has been transmitted.

| Wed 3 Aug 2016 12:29:34 #371 |
  2. Fenbear

Fenbear

Recently, lost all recorded programmes. Cannot record, or pre-record. Hard drive not seen in settings. Less than 1% shown as used. I am not sure but this all coincided with update and new logo on 21 Jul 16!
    Still in warranty 2 year, will they fix it for me?
    Posted this yesterday in wrong forum; one suggestion was to disconnect from power leave, and power up again - still no recordings.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 18:17:44 #372 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

Sorry to here that, mine stopped seeing the hard drive more then a year ago it's been an expensive paperweight ever since, you may have to join the growing "where's my hard drive club"

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 18:25:32 #373 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

Hi Fen Bear If your under warranty phone Humax tech jump through a few hoops and they will send a service replacement. But unfortunately the replacement is just as likely to develop the same problem as they don't have a scoobydoo why this is happening. By the same token your is just as likely to start working again. Welcome to the club.
    Whatever you do don't open it up. You won't find anything wrong and taking the cover off will give Humax just cause not to replace it.

| Thu 4 Aug 2016 18:29:22 #374 |
  5. Fenbear

Fenbear

Spoke with Ireland customer support this pm received warranty claim form which has been returned along with proof of purchase - no questions asked ....... yet

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 17:16:59 #375 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Courtneydog

I have had the same problem, recordings vanished, unable to pause etc.
    I checked and yes, I am 1 month out of warranty.
    I removed the drive and used a dock to read it it on my laptop, all partitions showing and disk healthy.
    I then connected the dock to the human 1010 box and the drive was visible, but no recordings. Formatted the drive via the human settings menu. Still no recordings and unable to pause with error "The function does not work while retrieving data for time shift buffer. Try again in a few seconds."
    The error remains.
    Tried another hard disk, no joy.
    I am not about to buy another Humax product, am I wrong but I am pretty sure I am not the only person finding this on a device that has just gone out of warranty?

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 21:48:16 #376 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisLux

This problem can occur both in and out of warranty but as you rightly say what would be the point of buying another Humax product!

| Fri 5 Aug 2016 22:03:53 #377 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

gazzasbeer

Thanks for the advice all. I had the same problem as zoot. Used the Android app, and all my recordings are back, brilliant

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 19:00:12 #378 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

gazzasbeer - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the advice all. I had the same problem as zoot. Used the Android app, and all my recordings are back, brilliant

Link to post please.

| Sat 6 Aug 2016 19:25:37 #379 |
  10. Fenbear

Fenbear

Likewise as REPASSAC - gazzasbeer please send the link to 'Thanks for the advice all. I had the same problem as zoot. Used the Android app, and all my recordings are back, brilliant'. Thanks

| Sun 7 Aug 2016 8:29:25 #380 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.