My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive issues

(622 posts)
  1. Corrigap

Corrigap

I know this is an old thread but I feel my two cents' worth might help others in the same situation.

Yesterday my HDR-1000S suddenly decided to 'lose' all my recordings. I turned to this forum looking for possible answers. The settings menu on the Humax told me to attach an HDD, so I assumed that I had a fault on the HDD or controller etc.

But then a little light bulb came on in my head; yesterday, I rearranged the HDMI cables on my TV and part of that involved swapping a newish hi-speed HDMI cable for an old one (not sure what spec) that was more suitable as regards length. That, believe it or not, turned out to be the problem. When I reinstated the previous cable (the hi-speed one), all the recordings came back and, once again, when I put the old cable back in, they all disappeared again.

Completely clueless as to why... anybody? The old HDMI cable appeared to work ok otherwise, the only difference being the disappearance of my recordings.

| Sat 12 Mar 2022 17:37:28 #621 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Corrigap - 1 hour ago  » 
    When I reinstated the previous cable (the hi-speed one), all the recordings came back and, once again, when I put the old cable back in, they all disappeared again.

It might be coincidence. One of the symptoms of the problem you describe is that at first it can come and go (presumably a marginal component); it might well get worse so watch anything important as soon as possible. Alternatively the hi-speed cable might be radiating a lot of interference.

| Sat 12 Mar 2022 19:01:47 #622 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.