My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

has my HB1000s just died?!

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimwhig

My HB1000s has decided that it doesn't want to boot up anymore. When I turn it on (by plugging it in (the remote doesn't seem to make it turn on just now) I get the Freesat logo come up and then the screen goes blank as usual - but then instead of progressing I just get the same Freesat logo reappear. I have tried updating the firmware in case it was a corrupted firmware but when I install it I notice that the current firmware details are populated but the new firmware details are not. Despite that it installs OK (so it says!) and then when I go to restart to complete the installation I just get back to where I started

Does this sound familiar to anyone and is there a solution or has the box just given up forever?!

Many thanks in advance,

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 18:32:58 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Be aware that if the power is disconnected then the first time the unit is powered up it will start to set it's clock, and power down into standby.
    It takes about 5 mins to fully enter standby, I suggest you leave it for that time and then try to wake it using the remote or front panel button.

Also check that the LNB is correctly connected.

| Wed 16 Nov 2016 8:26:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Thanks for that Repassac. The same happened to me and as I posted elsewhere. I got a bit panicky thinking it had given up the ghost. To be honest I am starting to want to reconnect my Foxsat HD box and sod the Demand service. The quality doesn't seem the same.

| Wed 16 Nov 2016 9:36:11 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

patsy - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that Repassac. The same happened to me and as I posted elsewhere. I got a bit panicky thinking it had given up the ghost. To be honest I am starting to want to reconnect my Foxsat HD box and sod the Demand service. The quality doesn't seem the same.

Iplayer on the Foxsat boxes does not work anymore.

| Wed 16 Nov 2016 10:33:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimwhig

Thank for the suggestion REPASSAC - I'll give it a try when I get home tonight. I did have the LNB, TV and the Ethernet all plugged in after the firmware update. Is it normal that the new firmware details aren't populated on the right hand side of the screen when I did the USB update then? I had thought that if the box was completely cooked that it wouldn't even be able to do the update and when that started loading and installing I assumed it would work OK so I was gutted to find that it still seemed to be stuck in the bootloop!

| Wed 16 Nov 2016 11:08:19 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The firmware details shown depend on the update method. An OTA update shows the updated firmware. USB updates show the old firmware.

| Wed 16 Nov 2016 11:51:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimwhig

OK - yes it was the USB method I was using as I wondered if I mine had become corrupted. I'll try powering up and then leaving in stanby as you suggested tonight (I replaced the box with an old one so I could use the TV) and see if it works.

Thanks again for your time, much appreciated.

| Wed 16 Nov 2016 11:56:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimwhig

So unfortunately that didn't change anything for me - The standby light never comes on and if I restart manually it's still stuck in the same bootloop Are there any other manipulations I can try please?

| Thu 17 Nov 2016 9:44:00 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Not a lot of possibilities left, It could be a problem with the power supply or the unit.
    I would try starting without LNB just to see if any different.

This is the first post I remember seeing of a HB-1000S with problems.

| Thu 17 Nov 2016 11:19:42 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimwhig

OK so I managed to borrow a power supply from a
    mate who also has a hb1000s and that didn't make any difference When you say it might be the unit - is there anything that it might be that is repairable or do you think I'm better just replacing it?

Tnx

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 14:49:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.