My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

has my HB1000s just died?!

(14 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try disconnecting everything except power and TV (No LNB, Internet, Hard-drive) and try and get it to wake. If no luck do a Power cycle, leave 5 mins, and then try and bring out of standby.

If that's fails off to the recycling centre with it (unless it is in warranty?). Have seen very few posts from HB-1000S owners, so I guess you are unlucky.

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 16:03:48 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Hi It's a while since this situation being commented on but this evening I tuned into Freesat and my picture stuck on 981 red button for the snooker. Wouldn't budge. So I turned off my TV set and HB1000S but got nothing for a good ten minutes. Tried to restart numerous times. Remembered this post and assume that I didn't wait the good five minutes to restart. Eventually all was fine. Has my being on the red button possibly affected the box.

| Thu 16 Feb 2017 21:53:42 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

pc's, laptops, phones etc. if left on 24/7 and/or in standby will get slower and slower and freeze/hang thus needing a reboot. The same goes for set top boxes (stb).
    Switching it off into standby doesn't help, it needs to be physically restarted, i.e into standby, wait for disk activity to stop if applicable then power off at socket or unplug, wait 10 - 30 seconds and restart for a proper reboot.
    This will happen from time to time, more often when using red button and catch-up and more often when the stb has a hard drive. Nothing at all to worry about it's just one of those things and no need to change how you use the box.
    I've not noticed needing to reboot our hb1000s, but we do get power cuts from time to time which act as a reboot. If you notice the box getting sluggish it'd make sense to reboot it at a convenient time to restore normal performance.

| Fri 17 Feb 2017 6:13:27 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsy

Damian, Thanks for that.

| Fri 17 Feb 2017 10:25:34 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.