My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Has the 2000T had a software/EPG update?

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Faust - 18 hours ago  » 

Received a response from Humax Towers -
    They say they are currently in the process of trying to design a new smart retune for the future which would mean the end user keeping their recording schedule as they are aware this does cause great inconvenience.

Nice work!

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 9:48:26 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

colirv - 1 hour ago  » 

Faust - 18 hours ago  » 
    Received a response from Humax Towers -
    They say they are currently in the process of trying to design a new smart retune for the future which would mean the end user keeping their recording schedule as they are aware this does cause great inconvenience.

Nice work!

Bet it won't be ready for the retune back at the end of the Olympics - be ready to take a few photos of your recording schedule prior to the end of the games.

| Sat 30 Jul 2016 10:55:35 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Anyone know when the next forced retune is likely to happen (after the Olympics (Paralympics?), but when...?) so we can be ready for it.

I'm away for quite a bit of next month. Presumably there's nothing I can do to guard against coming back and finding no recordings...! (Other, of course, than buy another PVR. )

| Tue 30 Aug 2016 16:19:53 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roy22

Victor Delta - 4 days ago  » 
    Anyone know when the next forced retune is likely to happen (after the Olympics (Paralympics?), but when...?) so we can be ready for it.
    I'm away for quite a bit of next month. Presumably there's nothing I can do to guard against coming back and finding no recordings...! (Other, of course, than buy another PVR. )

I think it has already happened:

[url=http://www.a516digital.com/2016/08/bbc-freeview-switch-back-after-olympics.html][/url]

So retune now if you haven't since 23 August, and you should be OK.

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 18:09:41 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Thanks for that, will do.

However, it does beg the question as to why this wasn't classified as a 'retune event' which would have triggered our Humax boxes to once again retune (with consequent loss of recording schedule)?

Also, I assume there are not further major channel changes planned for the Paralympics...?

| Sat 3 Sep 2016 23:15:33 #35 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.