My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Has the 2000T had a software/EPG update?

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roy22

I have to agree with Victor Delta. Most of our boxes switch on several times a day to record, and if some kind of default/timeout leads it to retune if that coincides with a retune requirement, we're stuffed.

Humax are not responsible for Broadcast changes, but at the very least some kind of human interaction/presence, as signalled by a remote keypress, should be required before ploughing on regardless. Surely the Broadcast rule book would allow manufacturers to implement that?

If you're not there to press any buttons, you're not there to benefit from any retune anyway.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 7:49:34 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

My HDR-2000T does not switch on to record, it stays in standby. And also I have previously left it in standby prior to network change events and a few days later when switched on manually the pop-up comes up and all recordings have recorded fine.

I didn't use any reminders, and when a network change is coming up I use to check that I have not set any by accident. The power on timer was always set to off, but I did use auto power down in case it was switched on, or left on, inadvertently. It worked for me.
    It was normally left in low-power mode if that makes any difference.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 9:09:52 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Luke - 50 minutes ago  » 
    My HDR-2000T does not switch on to record, it stays in standby. And also I have previously left it in standby prior to network change events and a few days later when switched on manually the pop-up comes up and all recordings have recorded fine.
    I didn't use any reminders, and when a network change is coming up I use to check that I have not set any by accident. The power on timer was always set to off, but I did use auto power down in case it was switched on, or left on, inadvertently. It worked for me.
    It was normally left in low-power mode if that makes any difference.

So it appears your box is set up exactly as mine and others and yet yours for some inexplicable reason works differently to ours - are you able to explain?

For the record I have sent a strongly worded email of complaint to Humax asking for an explanation as to why this keeps occurring and what their future plans are to stop it happening. I would urge others to do the same.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 10:03:10 #23 |
  4. Marvin

Marvin

Faust - 2 hours ago  » 
    So it appears your box is set up exactly as mine and others and yet yours for some inexplicable reason works differently to ours - are you able to explain?

Could this be anything to do with the "passthrough in standby" fix ( = "on all the time") vs actual standby ? Maybe one triggers the popup and the other doesn't

I regularly get caught out by the auto retune due to the long time it takes the 2000T to boot - I'll frequently start it up with the TV still on the TV tuner so I can keep watching whatever I'm watching - then forget to switch over for a few mins, by which time the 2000T has decided to opt for retune, and trashed the schedule. The fact that I HAVE to do a manual retune because of problems from overlapping transmitters means I never ever ever want to do an auto retune. Ever.

Faust - 2 hours ago  » 
    For the record I have sent a strongly worded email of complaint to Humax asking for an explanation as to why this keeps occurring and what their future plans are to stop it happening. I would urge others to do the same.

Good luck with that, I expect they will wipe their bottom with it. I have written (politely) on a few occasions about issues with the 2000T and never received any indication of them actually giving any sort of a flying ...

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 12:46:25 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Marvin - 42 minutes ago  » 

Could this be anything to do with the "passthrough in standby" fix ( = "on all the time") vs actual standby ? Maybe one triggers the popup and the other doesn't

I think you might be on to something here. I certainly have my 2000T set to passthrough in standby.

Where is Barry when we need him...?

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 13:31:33 #25 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'm here

Might well be onto something as pass thru in standby does indeed mean the unit to all intents and purposes is on, similar to 'active standby' in the T-15 minutes or so before a scheduled timer is due to commence.

My HDR T2, 1800T, and 2000T did not auto retune, all have power saving in standby on - got the pop up this morning when I first switched them on - they have not been used for a few Days.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 13:50:18 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Thanks Barry.

However, sadly, if power saving off is effectively the same as active standby prior to a recording, this would not explain why Luke's 2000T did not retune before a recording.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 13:56:27 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Barry - 52 minutes ago  » 
    I'm here
    Might well be onto something as pass thru in standby does indeed mean the unit to all intents and purposes is on, similar to 'active standby' in the T-15 minutes or so before a scheduled timer is due to commence.
    My HDR T2, 1800T, and 2000T did not auto retune, all have power saving in standby on - got the pop up this morning when I first switched them on - they have not been used for a few Days.

I use a passive splitter Barry so pass thru in standby theory doesn't hold water I'm afraid.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:43:37 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Good luck with that, I expect they will wipe their bottom with it. I have written (politely) on a few occasions about issues with the 2000T and never received any indication of them actually giving any sort of a flying

Received a response from Humax Towers -

They say they are currently in the process of trying to design a new smart retune for the future which would mean the end user keeping their recording schedule as they are aware this does cause great inconvenience.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:49:30 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I was reckoning up at our home - we have two Panasonic PVRs one Panasonic TV one Samsung TV one Sony TV a Humax HDR 1000s and a Humax 2000T and only the 2000T is affected by this archaic recording schedule wipe every time there is a retune or some other sort of update.

The question is why? It's not as if this is an old box, at best it's eighteen months old, so hardly an antique. It appears however that right from the start the 2000T has not been Humax's finest hour. If one remembers it left the factory without pass-thru and a solution had to be retro engineered. Now we not only have an inability to hold onto the recording schedule during a retune but the owner has no way of stopping it until a time convenient to them - what a cock-up. I am considering giving mine to a charity and looking around for something more suitable for the 21st century.

| Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:51:02 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.