My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Has the 2000T had a software/EPG update?

(35 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I came to watch Eat Well for Less this evening which should have started recording on my 2000T and noticed no red recording dot in the EPG.

When I click the recording schedule I could have dropped - my entire schedule was empty. This unannounced schedule trashing drives me to distraction and really Humax this is 2016 is this the best your software engineers can manage.

Your equipment really should be able to deal with software/EPG updates without wiping the customers schedules.

Does anyone know what the issue is this time i.e. software from Humax or a Freeview transmitter update? We get our signal from Sutton Coldfield.

Application version : UKTFAC 1.01.16
    - Loader version : UKTFAC 1.04
    - System id : 80BC.7E10
    - Update Date : 12 AUG 2015
    - Micom version : 12.4

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 22:25:03 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

One of the related threads
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/argghhh-2000t-has-retuned-itself

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 22:37:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

And another
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-happened

| Wed 27 Jul 2016 22:38:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Ditto here today - extremely annoying to say the least.

I though the 'update without asking user's permission' bug had been fixed on the last firmware update? It certainly needs to be sorted asap.

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 0:40:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Well it's beyond anything - the user really should be able to disable auto-update if Humax can't be bothered to comply with the latest D-book standards for all its products.

Do we know what the retune was even for?

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 11:12:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Do we know what the retune was even for?

The BBC Olympics coverage. There will be another retune afterwards.

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 11:28:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

So what triggers the Humax box to retune? Something the broadcasters do or a signal from Humax towers?

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 12:06:00 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Victor Delta - 31 minutes ago  » 
    So what triggers the Humax box to retune?

A retune event in the broadcast data; nothing to with Humax.

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 12:38:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

It is details in the broadacast stream that outlines the changes. There are two categories. One is a recommendation to retune after a certain date/time and the other to manipulate the set top box's database details. The retune is only recommended within the stream where the number of micro changes are very large. Humax interpret both major and minor change events as a full retune event and as we all know then give the user no everyday practical option for the average user to get out of it.

D-book 8 recently made smart retuning mandatory for new models that the manufacturer wants to use freeview branding.

The way that Humax set top boxes work is to store the retune event as a hidden item in the schedule. Hacking into the schedule database of the Humax and the hidden event can be deleted, But obviously the Humax may decide to recreate it if the event details are still being boradcast.

There are details of what is carried in the broadcast stream and what they are intended to help set box manufacturers to provide in the D-book 7 version 1 from 2011 that can be found online. The d-book copyright and distribution restricted so not through the DTG site. There are later versions but I don't believe that the d-book 7 versions differ by much and the later versions have not yet been leaked.
    Due to the (myhumax.org) policies please don't ask me where to find the available version. Also if you are using a work's PC also do not download the D-book as that will be a violation of copyright by your employer.

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 12:46:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

So if we can't stop the Humax retuning itself (until a firmware fix is released - if it ever is) is there any way the average user (who doesn't have access to this D-book) can predict when a forced retune may take place? (Other than, of course, a broad guess when a major event like the Olympics is coming up.)

| Thu 28 Jul 2016 12:54:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.