My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB-1000S won't turn on with remote

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

earlparkly

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my refurbished (bought from Humax Direct a couple of days ago) HB-1000S. Got it all setup fine and really like it. However, when it's been on standby for more than a few minutes, it won't turn back on via the remote, only via the button on the front of the box.

I've made sure my remote is in STB mode, I've tried factory resetting. I've also tried changing the standby mode, but nothing makes a difference.

Tried the software update built into the box but it didn't find anything (I don't know if updating via USB would be a good idea or not).

Just wondering if anybody has come across this and may be able to help?

Thank you,
    Karl

| Fri 7 Apr 2017 9:23:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

earlparkly

Thank you, I will try this and report back later.

The situation isn't exactly the same though. Once the box is on via the button on the front, the remote works just fine, it just won't turn the box on from standby after a few minutes.

If it works however, I certainly won't be complaining!

| Fri 7 Apr 2017 9:31:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

earlparkly

Unfortunately, this did not work (nor did changing the remote codes by using 0 and OK with batteries in). In my case, the remote works fine once the box is on, it's almost like the box turns off power to the remote receiver when in standby!

| Fri 7 Apr 2017 19:42:21 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

earlparkly - Try turning off HDMI-CEC on your TV Brand names can be found in the FAQ's.

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 7:31:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Since the front panel power switch works, there does not appear to be a problem with the power / stanby switching function within the box. Could it just be that the power on / off button on your remote is faulty?

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 8:26:16 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

earlparkly - 12 hours ago  » 
    Unfortunately, this did not work (nor did changing the remote codes by using 0 and OK with batteries in). In my case, the remote works fine once the box is on, it's almost like the box turns off power to the remote receiver when in standby!

Try booting the box by pressing the zero key two or three times.

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 8:31:07 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

earlparkly

@REPASSAC Already off, tried turning back on to see if bizarrely it would work and of course, no dice

@fedman1 Nope, as it turns the box off and everything functions fine. If the box is only off for a minute, the remote will turn it back on. It's after 3 minutes or more that the remote won't turn the box on, but the button still will. It's worth noting though that when I do press the button on the box, it's almost like it goes through a full reboot as the light goes off completely and then it takes a minute to boot back up fully.

@grahamlthompson Also not working unfortunately!

I was thinking that it was a problem with it almost going into too deep a sleep but it does wake itself fine for recording (via a USB Hard Drive). Very odd!

I've even tried all this without the USB hard drive just in case it was that.

Whilst nothing has helped so far, I just want to say thank you for taking the time with your ideas

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 12:50:19 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Shame, most of the Humax boxes will boot if you enter zeros. Not being a valid channel it retains boot to last used channel.

Are you sure the remote is outputting infra red from pressing the power toggle ? You can check this by looking at the display of a digital camera pointed at the remote when the button is pressed.

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 13:26:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

earlparkly - 48 minutes ago  » 
    It's worth noting though that when I do press the button on the box, it's almost like it goes through a full reboot as the light goes off completely and then it takes a minute to boot back up fully.

Could be a clue in your comment here, has it always done this. If so, sounds like it's a faulty box. I would contact Humax regarding a replacement unit under warrenty.

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 13:48:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.