My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB-1000S won't turn on with remote

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

earlparkly

Yes to infra red, checked that in my phone camera and it does work when the box is on (and off if only off for a couple of minutes).

I am in contact with Humax, but they're putting me through the usual steps so far. Just wanted to see if I borrow the minds and experience of the folks here before sending back, but sounds like it is indeed a faulty box.

Sad days! Especially as I got this to replace a Humax YouView box bricked by the latest update 6 months out of warranty (already gone through all troubleshooting right down to replacing hard drive, but it is as dead as a dodo!).

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 15:06:01 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

earlparkly - 1 hour ago  » ...the light goes off completely and then it takes a minute to boot back up fully...

I have 3 x HB1000 and the light going off is standard bootup on all three. With the box in s/by the red light is lit. I press power-up on the R/C and the light goes off for around 10 to 15 secs. It then lights green and the box is fully booted in about another 10 to 15 secs.

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 15:07:07 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

earlparkly

Good to know, shame mine doesn't do it via the remote. An annoying blight on an otherwise superb little box!

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 15:10:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Two of my HB's were bought as refurbished from Humax, in as-new condition and faultless. So there is nothing inherently bad about their refurbished product.

| Sat 8 Apr 2017 15:47:00 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.