My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

HB1100s turns TV on and off - not radio friendly

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

I've just received my new HB1100s.
    It's a pleasure to use after my previous equipment - the built in satellite tuner and apps on my Toshiba so-called Smart TV.

There are a couple of problems however.
    I take an audio feed from the Humax to play radio through the hi-fi.
    Then when I turn the TV off, the Humax turns off a few seconds later. Similarly, if I turn the Humax on, it turns the TV on too, also a few seconds later.
    The problem does not appear to be from overlapping remote codes (as outlined in a FAQ), as it still happens if I cover the remote receiver on the TV, but doesn't happen if a unplug the HDMI lead. It would seem to be a "feature" of the Humax, to work everything from a single remote, with the HDMI carrying out a switching function.
    Is there any way of disabling this "feature"? Other than unplugging HDMI. I have tried changing the standby/wakeup options on the Humax, but that doesn't do anything.
    I would appreciate any pointers to get round this problem.
    Thanks.
    There are a couple of other points that suggest the Humax designers do not take radio users seriously. There is no 'radio' button on the remote, you have to go via programme guide and scroll through list. And you cannot add radio channels to the favourites list.

| Thu 5 Jul 2018 22:49:50 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Try Turning off HDMI CEC on your TV - For Toshiba usually called CE-Link or Regza Link

| Thu 5 Jul 2018 23:29:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

Seems to be working now.

Thanks.

| Sat 7 Jul 2018 19:41:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salvador

In fact, it's only working partially now. At least when I turn the TV off, it doesn't also turn the Humax off.
    But when I change radio station on the Humax, or even just volume up or down, it turns on the TV.
    Is there any way of disactivating this "feature" completely?

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 8:20:17 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Salvador - 1 hour ago  » 
    In fact, it's only working partially now. At least when I turn the TV off, it doesn't also turn the Humax off.
    But when I change radio station on the Humax, or even just volume up or down, it turns on the TV.
    Is there any way of disactivating this "feature" completely?

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DL48KVI/ref=asc_df_B00DL48KVI54383061/?tag=blusas008-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B00DL48KVI&linkCode=df0&hvadid=214190284008&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13358995819689233139&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007011&hvtargid=pla-422166816864&th=1&psc=1

| Mon 30 Jul 2018 9:40:09 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.