My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

HD reception very poor ???

(24 posts)
  1. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi all, we have a Humax HD-Fox T2 and up until about an hour ago everything was working fine, but upon switiching the set back on after returning home, the x4 HD channels ( 101,102,103 & 104 )are scrambled & pixalating and Ive no idea why, and more importantly Im not sure how to get them back working again.
    Ive tried retuning, but no different, tried resetting factory default, still nothing. All other channels seem to work fine. We live in the west yorkshire area and Im using the factory default of ch.47
    very strange, wonder if anyone can help...many thanks.. ~ andy

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 17:23:00 #1 |
  2. andywhitham

andywhitham

........ We have just had a brand new powerful arial fitted, and Ive checked the power option, its running at 60% & 100%

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 17:24:39 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andywhitham - 46 seconds ago  » 
    ........ We have just had a brand new powerful arial fitted, and Ive checked the power option, its running at 60% & 100%

Have you channels at 800 or over ?

A rough idea where you live would help.

Not sure what factory default of 47 means. Most likely transmitter is Emley Moor and HD mux uses channel 41.

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 17:33:39 #3 |
  4. andywhitham

andywhitham

Hi graham, yes Emley Moor is the local transmitter, we live just outside Wakefield...sorry, was a little confusing about ch47 . When the guy came to fit the new ariel he did the manual search ( Installation/manual on the menu.)
    I just checked the signal strngth on ch41 and its zero on both progress lines, no reception at all there..On ch47, and ch 44 the signal is good.
    I cannot understand why this has happened all of a sudden as Ive not touched any of the adjustmets...very odd...I wonder if Emley Moor has a temporary problem?

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 17:44:29 #4 |
  5. andywhitham

andywhitham

We can pick up normal tv programmmes. Another thing is that since Ive retuned yet again...the four HD channels have dissapeared from pages 101,102,103 & 104, nothing on these at all now...but the 4 HD channels are now to be found at 800,801,802 & 803

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 17:46:35 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andywhitham - 26 minutes ago  » 
    We can pick up normal tv programmmes. Another thing is that since Ive retuned yet again...the four HD channels have dissapeared from pages 101,102,103 & 104, nothing on these at all now...but the 4 HD channels are now to be found at 800,801,802 & 803

Your super duper new aerial is most likely picking up a different transmitter whose HD mux uses a lower uhf channel (Emley Moor Relay ?).

You need to manual tune the box. See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-for-hd-and-hdr-fox-t2

When you have done this and the HD channels are back where they should be, you may need an attenuator, too high a signal is as bad as too little.

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 18:14:58 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 17 seconds ago  » 

andywhitham - 26 minutes ago  » 

Your super duper new aerial is most likely picking up a different transmitter whose HD mux uses a lower uhf channel (Emley Moor Relay ?).
    You need to manual tune the box. See
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-for-hd-and-hdr-fox-t2

posted in error

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 18:16:39 #7 |
  8. andywhitham

andywhitham

well, I'll try that Graham, but we have had this aerial for over a month now without any problems and picking up the x4 HD channels perfectly , then all of a sudden, today they just wouldnt work...but I'll take your advice and try manual re-tuning...many thanks.

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 18:19:10 #8 |
  9. andywhitham

andywhitham

Okay, just tried manually tuning but no results. According to the Emley Moor transmitter info I had to set it to ch.41. Did that on the manual retune, including changing to DVB-T2. This gave me x6 channels, none of them showed a picture, so I undid what I just changed, and am automatically retuning now. At least we can view the channels in a non hd format..but I do need to get this sorted, somehow.

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 18:33:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Is your new aerial actually pointing at Emley Moor or has your installer pointed it at a local relay? My parents live in Holmfirth and there are relays all over the place for Emley Moor, you can barely move for the things.

| Fri 21 Dec 2012 18:37:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.