browser44 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry. I have a Humax HDR. 1000. 500gb
    Thanks

Sorry got the model no. wrong it's a Humax HDR 1000S 500gb

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 14:00:03 #52 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You will need to upgrade to the beta see this post for link to freesat help page on issue.:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdcp-not-valid/page/5#post-43583

Admin Note: will merge these posts into open thread shortly.
    Now merged apologises if you were viewing forum and noticed me making a cats of it

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 14:19:37 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

browser44

Thanks Barry.

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 14:29:53 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

browser44

I have downloaded the file hdr1000s_upgradehdf to my PC. I don't have an app to open this file but then do I have to open it? I have saved it on to a USB hard drive as instructed. Will it suffice to save this on to the Humax box via it's USB port and follow the instructions from there?

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 20:55:00 #55 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You don't need to open it.

Copy or move the file to root of a pendrive, make sure unit is powered off, inset pendrive, power up unit simultaneously pressing the CH down button on front of unit until update process commences, as seen on tv or front panel of unit. Update is complete when END is displayed on front display of unit. Unplug pendrive and reboot unit.

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 21:53:28 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teflondave

I am having the HDCP not valid problem with my TV in another room which is connected from the HDR1000S box via a video sender connected to the Scart socket. If we have the main TV switched on which is connected to the HDMI of the Humax the TV in the other room gets the picture OK, when we turn the main TV off the picture goes blank on the TV in the other room after a couple of seconds with the HDCP message. I have read all the posts on this forumn and followed the software update via USB using the download from the Freesat site which says it will change the software version from 3.00.18 to 3.00.20 but it actually changes the version to 3.00.12? After the update I still have the exact same problem and I even tried a factory reset which made no difference. Any help is much appreciated please.

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 22:57:32 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rtaycol

Hello Barry,

I have a HDR1000S which is now experiencing the HDCP invalid, AV blocked issue after the software upgraded. I have downgraded to 3.00.12 (09 Nov 2015 ) using the file downloaded from the freesat site, but it still displays the HDCP invalid error after about 3 mins of TV or recording playback. If I change channel, the picture returns for about 3 mins before going to a black screen. I still get sound though. I am having to use the scart connection as the HDMI only works at initial power up ( displays the humax freesat logo ), before going to a completely black screen with no sound.

Do you know if there are any earlier versions of the firmware available that will restore the recorder back to a functioning state?

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 23:16:15 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

browser44

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    You don't need to open it.
    Copy or move the file to root of a pendrive, make sure unit is powered off, inset pendrive, power up unit simultaneously pressing the CH down button on front of unit until update process commences, as seen on tv or front panel of unit. Update is complete when END is displayed on front display of unit. Unplug pendrive and reboot unit.

Thanks for info, Barry, which I may try. I say try as Teflondave's post suggests that it may not work. Since I switched off the power on the Humax box, and turned it back on earlier today, I have not experienced the problem again. Fingers crossed it may have been a temporary glitch, if not I may try the upgrade as recommended.

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 23:25:03 #59 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just bear with me whilst I check this out.

| Thu 17 Dec 2015 23:42:08 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.