My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDCP not valid?

(160 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

madfoxlady

Hi all. I had an old Humax years ago, then went to Sky for a while but got cheesed off with their service and the boxes conking out after 2 years so recently purchased an HDR 1000s box.

I had forgotten about all the problems I used to have with updates and loss of subtitles and the like - silly me.

Several hours (researching problem and figuring out how to update), £20, one new USB stick and one new HDMI cable later I at last have picture and sound back.

Thank you so much for all the info on this topic - without it I would not have been able to fix the problem. But I mirror several comments on here - in this day and age it seems ridiculous that we have to go to these lengths to get a product to work very basically!

One quick question - replacing the HDMI cable after I sorted the picture problem out gave me back the sound, does that mean the old cable is now faulty or is it just a gremlin in the box that decided it wanted a new one?

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 17:22:26 #151 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ataboy

I don’t get the ‘HDCP not valid’ message but I do experience similar faults under certain circumstances:

After streaming Plex through Media Share (which works very well) and returning to satellite operation, I lose the picture and subtitles become switched on (sound is OK). It seems to be time-related in that the longer the streaming time, the more likely the problem is to appear.

I imagine that this might be a related fault. Would 3.00.20 help??

Humax model: HDR-1100S
    Software: UKSFAA 3,00.18
    TV model: Samsung UE40H7000ST
    Connection: HDMI

| Sun 10 Jan 2016 23:42:36 #152 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

ataboy - 11 hours ago  » 
    Would 3.00.20 help??

As no-one else has posted the issue, only way to find out is try it out. If it helps I have 3.00.20 and haven't found any problems.

| Mon 11 Jan 2016 11:09:39 #153 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

FrustratedHumax

Hi,

Unfortunately I have the same problem as some of the other users on here. My hdr1100s box has not worked today, no sound then no picture, with a message saying 'HDCP not valid, AV Blocked'.... I have tried changing HDMI cables with no joy, there are no software updates (box has wifi, and a search revealed nothing) please could you help?

Thanks,

Vim

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 21:50:51 #1 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Link to beta software to fix here

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdcp-not-valid

Welcome to our forum

Admin Edit: posts moved the link as above.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 21:54:06 #2 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

allyhall

Hi, I too have the HDCP error message, however there's maybe a bit more of a backstory in this instance.

Firstly, my TV is about 3 years old and is a Sony Bravia KDL40EX402

About a week ago the user interface started to drag on my HUMAX box, then froze completely. I followed the usual recommendations (unplug, factory reset etc), but to no avail. In desperation I downloaded the latest firmware and reloaded. Oddly, the version I was flashing was EXACTLY the same as the one the box already had installed.

Nevertheless, this 'upgrade' fixed the issue - perhaps the previous upgrade was somehow corrupted? seems unlikely though.

Anyway, this morning I put on the TV and experienced the same problem everyone else on this thread seems to be having. Rather than extensively trouble shooting, I simply plugged the new HDMI cable from the Humax directly into the TV ( and not through the video amp) and, when this didn't work I did another factory reset and a system reinstall - I actually still had the USB handy from the last one.

Still no joy. The box powered up to the splash screen, but as soon as the res tried to go up to 1080i it crapped out. Non HD channels still work, but it looked ugly. Just when I was considering packing it away and going back to Sky it suddenly started working again - a full 20 mins after being restarted.

I'm assuming the fix here is to apply the beta, but the interface is a bit sluggish as is - do I really want a more unstable version running that may be even more buggy? Advice appreciated.

Cheers

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 14:32:51 #156 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

allyhall - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi, I too have the HDCP error message, however there's maybe a bit more of a backstory in this instance.
    Firstly, my TV is about 3 years old and is a Sony Bravia KDL40EX402
    About a week ago the user interface started to drag on my HUMAX box, then froze completely. I followed the usual recommendations (unplug, factory reset etc), but to no avail. In desperation I downloaded the latest firmware and reloaded. Oddly, the version I was flashing was EXACTLY the same as the one the box already had installed.
    Nevertheless, this 'upgrade' fixed the issue - perhaps the previous upgrade was somehow corrupted? seems unlikely though.
    Anyway, this morning I put on the TV and experienced the same problem everyone else on this thread seems to be having. Rather than extensively trouble shooting, I simply plugged the new HDMI cable from the Humax directly into the TV ( and not through the video amp) and, when this didn't work I did another factory reset and a system reinstall - I actually still had the USB handy from the last one.
    Still no joy. The box powered up to the splash screen, but as soon as the res tried to go up to 1080i it crapped out. Non HD channels still work, but it looked ugly. Just when I was considering packing it away and going back to Sky it suddenly started working again - a full 20 mins after being restarted.
    I'm assuming the fix here is to apply the beta, but the interface is a bit sluggish as is - do I really want a more unstable version running that may be even more buggy? Advice appreciated.
    Cheers

I have the beta, no issues at all.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 16:29:48 #157 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

allyhall

I have the beta, no issues at all.

That sounds promising - might give it ago if/when this happens again.

| Fri 15 Jan 2016 16:54:05 #158 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

coofercat

Hey all,

Just to say that the issue I reported a while back (https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdcp-invalid-after-software-update, got rolled into this one) affecting my HDR-1000S + Panasonic Viera 40" UHD TV has been resolved with the latest software (3.00.20).

Thanks all for the help - really great, and very reassuring now that my PVR is a few years old to know that people still care about the software inside it

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 11:25:47 #159 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ataboy

grahamlthompson - 2 weeks ago  » 

ataboy - 11 hours ago  » 
    Would 3.00.20 help??

As no-one else has posted the issue, only way to find out is try it out. If it helps I have 3.00.20 and haven't found any problems.

With the update due soon, I thought I'd wait until then. Just checked and it's ready, so I updated. At least I tried to, but the download has stalled at 28%. There's a helpful button for "Cancel software update" but does nothing.

There's also a warning not to switch off or disconnect the box until the software is downloaded completely. Catch-22. Any ideas? As it hasn't fully downloaded, am I safe to switch off the box?

EDIT: I did it anyway and it rebooted OK. At least I know I can pull the plug if the download fails again.

| Mon 25 Jan 2016 18:59:39 #160 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.