My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDCP not valid?

(160 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rekabws

Many thanks guys, looks like that upgrade sorted it. It had software version 3.00.18 and now has 3.00.20. I had tried looking for updates via the Human box but it said there were none available.

Thanks again.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 16:56:59 #141 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Good news, thank you for updating us.

3.00.18 is the latest publically released software.

3.00.20 is in beta and subject to Humax quality checks. This or a later version number will be released in new year.

| Thu 31 Dec 2015 17:59:47 #142 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

nevans

This may not be related, but I've been having audio dropout issues, which I think started after upgrading to 3.00.18. I am getting holes in the audio of around 1-2 frames, the frequency of which varies from once or twice per programme, to every few seconds. I've searched t'interweb for similar issues, and the consensus seems to be that it could be a HDCP timing issue i.e. taking too long to re-negotiate security keys. I have also noticed, though not very often, a dropout on the picture. As a last resort, I've loaded 3.00.20, to see if that cures the problem. I'll report back after observing what happens tonight.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:01:22 #143 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nevans - 13 minutes ago  » 
    This may not be related, but I've been having audio dropout issues, which I think started after upgrading to 3.00.18. I am getting holes in the audio of around 1-2 frames, the frequency of which varies from once or twice per programme, to every few seconds. I've searched t'interweb for similar issues, and the consensus seems to be that it could be a HDCP timing issue i.e. taking too long to re-negotiate security keys. I have also noticed, though not very often, a dropout on the picture. As a last resort, I've loaded 3.00.20, to see if that cures the problem. I'll report back after observing what happens tonight.

Might be a complete red herring. You weren't by any chance watching the Father Brown series on BBC 1 HD ? If so it's a long standing issue with 5.1 ac3 audio on BBC 1 HD.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:17:00 #144 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

nevans

I think that you're correct Graham, but I had to try something, a it's driving me mad!

No, I wasn't watching 'Father Brown', but it doesn't seem to be related to specific programmes.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:29:39 #145 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nevans - 1 minute ago  » 
    I think that you're correct Graham, but I had to try something, a it's driving me mad!
    No, I wasn't watching 'Father Brown', but it doesn't seem to be related to specific programmes.

I had to install the beta firmware on my HDR1000S, but there were no audio issues that I noticed. It was loss of analogue outputs when not viewing same programme via hdmi. Is the issue related to HD channels or both HD and SD ? Is your audio provided by a TV. if only on HD channels and you don't have a dedicated ac3 AV reciever try Settings - Picture and Sound - Digital Audio Out - Stereo

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:34:51 #146 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

nevans

grahamlthompson - 6 minutes ago  » 

nevans - 1 minute ago  » 

I had to install the beta firmware on my HDR1000S, but there were no audio issues that I noticed. It was loss of analogue outputs when not viewing same programme via hdmi. Is the issue related to HD channels or both HD and SD ? Is your audio provided by a TV. if only on HD channels and you don't have a dedicated ac3 AV reciever try Settings - Picture and Sound - Digital Audio Out - Stereo

Graham, we're obviously thinking along the same lines! I've already set the output to stereo, thinking that it may be a multichannel problem.
    If this doesn't cure the problem, then I may have to replace the box, as it's still crashing on a regular basis, and nobody else on the forum seems to be seeing the same problem.

| Sat 2 Jan 2016 14:44:27 #147 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

nevans

Update: well, I didn't get any audio dropouts last night, but I don't want to put a jinx on my system!
    I'll wait and see how it goes over the next few days.

| Sun 3 Jan 2016 12:17:45 #148 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mcalderato

I am having the same issue with a Samsung tv. I can switch off the humax box at the plug and on again. That buys me an extra 20 minutes. I have checked on freesat box and there appear to be no updates. Could someone help me work out how to resolve it please?

Thanks

| Wed 6 Jan 2016 16:27:40 #149 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

See first post in this thread.

| Wed 6 Jan 2016 16:49:33 #150 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.