My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

hdmi

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

Hi all just been looking on the internet at humax reviews and reading about faults with them. I am now beginning to regret buying one. well here goes i bought my freesat box about 6 week ago. The hd signal from the humax to the tv is very sporadic at best. I can record hd programs no problem but when i switch the tv to hd channel and try play back or watch live hdtv my screen is just blank i rang humax up and they told to switch it all off and back on I did this and it is still the same. so i took the humax back to argos today and got a replacement and guess what? yes it is still the same no hd before throwing it upside of a wall i thought i would ask on here first to hear your veiws thanks

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:05:51 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Your message is a tad confusing (no disrepect intended) as you mention switching the TV to HD channel.... so in an effort to help can you provide the following:

1. How is the Humax box connected to the TV eg HDMI, Scart.
    2. Brand of TV Humax box is connected to.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:45:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

hi the humax is connected via smart link scart and hdmi cable. the TV is a sony bravia about 6 years old

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:49:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

tez - 6 minutes ago  » 
    hi the humax is connected via smart link scart and hdmi cable. the TV is a sony bravia about 6 years old

Why have you got both SCART and HDMI? Does it work better with only one of them connected?

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 15:56:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

if i only have hdmi connected i just get a blank screen. make no difference . only now and again do i get a signal through the hdmi i have tried a different tv but the results are just the same. i am getting a new tv in the sales if its still the same then i will get rid and get a sagem I never had any problems with the sagem receiver ps. aslo tried different hdmi cables

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 16:04:43 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try a different hdmi cable. My last two Sony TV's worked fine with Humax-HD pvrs. When you say you tune the TV to the HD channel I take it you mean select the hdmi input to which the box is connected (You don't have to tune anything).

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 16:34:21 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I'm intrigued, what does tez mean by switching the tv to a HD channel.
    Once the box is on and can be seen on screen then you just use the boxes remote for changing channel. You don't need to change tv channels to watch HD channels on the box.
    Perhaps tez could explain further as what's been said so far is a tad confusing.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 16:47:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

ye thats right i chose the hdmi channel.but i just get a blank screen I have also tried three hdmi cables to no avail. as i have said, i have tried two tvs on the humax with the same result. so now i am going to borrow another tv ans see if it will work on the third one thanks for your replies

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 16:49:42 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

when i turm my tv on the picture comes through the scart via the av channel on my sony bravia tv.I have a list of channels to choose from av./video /dvd/av4/ pc/dtv/hdmi.etc for istanc if swtc channel to watch hd itv the program comes on through the scart but if pulled the scart out and left the hdmi lead in all i get is a blank screen.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 16:58:51 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tez - 2 minutes ago  » 
    when i turm my tv on the picture comes through the scart via the av channel on my sony bravia tv.I have a list of channels to choose from av./video /dvd/av4/ pc/dtv/hdmi.etc for istanc if swtc channel to watch hd itv the program comes on through the scart but if pulled the scart out and left the hdmi lead in all i get is a blank screen.

Your description is confusing everyone. They aren't channels they are different AV inputs. Say your box is connected to the socket on the TV marked HDMI 1 and you scroll through all the input socket sources to HDMI 1. Do you see a truly blank screen or a all green or blue display, this indicates a problem with HDCP handshake A blank screen would normally indicate a input with nothing connected to it is selected. Selection of the right input will be automatic when connected by scart but in an older TV you have to do it manually for HDMI. It doesn't matter what channel the pvr is tuned to the box will upscale SD ones to HD depending on what output resolution you set up the box with.

The button on the TV remote that cycles through all the input sockets will have a small screen icon with an arrow pointing into it. On my Sony remote it just above and to the tight of the big round multi cursor move button in the middle of the remote.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:08:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.