My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

hdmi

(26 posts)
  1. badbones

badbones

Hi Tez

I have sometimes experienced this problem and I have discovered that it is caused by the link system between the box and the TV.

The box sometimes waits for a command from the TV saying that it is OK to turn on.

This command does not normally happen until the TV is fully up and running, and it also only works on most TVs if the box is connected to the HDMI 1 input.

If you by chance have your box connected to the TVs HDMI 2 input the link between the two devices is not present.

This could explain why you only see a blank screen when viewing on the TVs HDMI input.

Just a thought so please make sure your box is connected to the TVs HDMI 1 input.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:11:40 #11 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

To use the HDMI you need to select the correct source on the TV by using the AV button (or source) on the remote.
    The reason you get a black screen when you pull the scart is because your TV is on the scart source.
    You shouldn't need the scart lead connected at all, just need to select the correct HDMI input.
    Also try turning off HDMI CEC via the TVs settings menu.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:14:43 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

thanks for your reply I only have one hdmi connector on the tv. also i have a multimedia player an hd dvd player and a bluray player i never have any problems with these they play instantly through hdmi if connected

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:17:21 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tez - 5 seconds ago  » 
    thanks for your reply I only have one hdmi connector on the tv. also i have a multimedia player an hd dvd player and a bluray player i never have any problems with these they play instantly through hdmi if connected

No CEC on a 6 year old Sony TV, I would have thought.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:17:58 #14 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

tez - 11 minutes ago  » 

Turn everything off. Remove the scart lead and connect up HDMI, turn tv on and select HDMI source and wait until the screens fully booted up(you may see an on screen message about no input) and then turn on the Humax.
    Does anything happen now?

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:33:30 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

hi gonzo i did exactly as you said and when i switched the pvr back on i got the home screen come on that said freetime humax then after that i just got a blank screen again

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:56:11 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pict

Hi tez

I experience the same problems with a Sony TV of similar age (Bravia KDL-37P3020)

I find that you have to start with both the TV and the 1010s turned off.

Turn on TV and select the HDMI input required. Wait a moment to allow the TV to fully initialise then turn on the Humax. Wait before turning on the Humax at least until the on screen graphic displaying the tv source goes off. It is not necessary to select the source as the Humax via the HDMI connection should swith the TV over automatically but it helps with the waiting

If I do not follow this procedure then like you I get no signal from the HDMI input (but do from a connected scart input*)

When turning off the TV I have to remember to turn of the Humax as well or no signal is present when the TV is turned back on again (very occasionally it will display a picture but at weird resolutions which can only be rectified by going through the "start up" routine.

I have two 1010s boxes (replaced sky multi room) and the other is connected to a Samsung TV and this has no problems and yet that TV is older than the Sony. I have swapped the boxes over and the same symptoms are displayed by both boxes when connected to the Sony.

I have tried with the HDMI control both on and off and this made no difference.

Hope some of this may help you

*I have the scart connection as my family get very annoyed when it does not work 1st time so they can just use the scart input instead

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:58:41 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

hi gonzo i did exactly as you said and when i switched the pvr back on i got the home screen come on that said freetime humax then after that i just got a blank screen again

Attachments

1. tv_hdmi.jpg (124.1 KB, 1 downloads) 10 years old
    | Tue 17 Dec 2013 17:59:45 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

With the scart cable connected so you can see the box.

Press settings picture and sound look at resolution. If it says 1080p change it to 1080i. (A 6yr old Sony is likely only to support 1080i).

Now try Gonzos test again.

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 18:04:17 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

tez

thanks for you help I think the best thing I can do is wait until Christmas when i get a new tv and hope i dont get the same problems. although saying that i should not have to mess about. with it like i have had so it thumbs down for humus for me

| Tue 17 Dec 2013 18:06:30 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.