My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDMI cable does not connect

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I guess half of my posts refer to HDMI/HDCP handshaking issues with the Humax.

Humax does have a problem with their HDMI/HDCP implementation, none of my other hdmi equipment have the same problems.

My understanding is that Humax don't think most customers would know their TV resolution settings and so this function is done automatically and there is no manual option to fix the resolution settings to what the savvy customer knows would work.

I'm guessing this works most times and lessens the burden on the Humax call centre as most people can't interfere/play/tweak and get the settings wrong and need to ring up for help.

This causes problems for people like myself with equipment that works fine with every other manufacturer, but fails to work with the Humax. With no manual settings to fix the resolution we're stuffed.

Add into the mix that sometimes the hdmi cable is faulty or not pushed in properly or the socket damaged by misuse or, very rarely, the box faulty then not being able to set the resolution makes diagnosing more difficult.

My advice to Desmondo would be to try the old foxsat again if possible to check connections, if it doesn't work then it's not the new box. Double check connections, switch off any CEC (bravia sync etc.) settings on the TV, try different switch on procedures, i.e. switch on TV first, wait a few seconds, switch on Humax or vice-versa.
    I'm sure with a bit of fiddling you'll be able to find a way of getting it to work. If all else fails try a factory reset and run through the initial install again

| Fri 1 Nov 2013 15:45:50 #11 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Pollensa1946 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Sorry, what is HHS?

HDMI HandShake??

| Fri 1 Nov 2013 21:22:35 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

aldaweb - 14 hours ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Sorry, what is HHS?

HDMI HandShake??

Ah, OK. In that case if the poster has read all of the contributions on this thread he will understand that HHS on the Humax is a hit and miss afair.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 11:45:21 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

To be fair my impression is that 'smart' TV's are taking longer to boot and much of this problem is that the TV is just not ready for the handshake.

Has anyone established when the problem occurs that the HDT-10x0S is or is not outputting HDMI? I would have thought it must be.
    If it is then the problem is more with the TV not even seeing a HDMI when the source is cycled.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 15:18:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Desmondo

It's no good, sometimes it works ,sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes Turning it off at the wall works.then it doesn't. One time it works perfectly, we go out, we come back,boot it up in exactly the same way and it doesn't work it's so temperamental . You think you've cracked its quirky operation, and next time it fails to connect....I'm fed up with it, bored with trying to understand its problem mentality.....it's going back...I will find a reliable make..any suggestions?.....

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 18:28:29 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Desmondo

By the way. I have emailed humax and asked for advice on what to do, and have not heard any thing from them at all...thanks humax for your help, you are losing a customer and anyone else I can save from buying one of these brainless boxes...

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 18:46:48 #16 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Desmondo - 13 minutes ago  » 
    By the way. I have emailed humax and asked for advice on what to do, and have not heard any thing from them at all...thanks humax for your help, you are losing a customer and anyone else I can save from buying one of these brainless boxes...

Turn off your TVs HDMI CEC control for the source the Humax box is connected to.
    Also if you notice the box is currently recording make sure the tv is switched on fully before you switch on the Humax ie: wait until the screen has a 'no signal' message.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 19:02:19 #17 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Curiously it is the other way round for me. The Humax has to be fully on before switching the TV to its input.

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 19:13:36 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Desmondo

Tried both one time they work , then next time they don't , then do then don't...it's driving me crazy, I just want a predictable problem....there is no logic ....

| Sat 2 Nov 2013 20:07:36 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Desmondo

Is that it then?.....there is no solution to the HDMI non connection dilemma ....sad news , someone hasn't done their job properly then...

| Mon 4 Nov 2013 12:07:07 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.