My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

HDMI CEC

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have my very old Panasonic home cinema (Samsung HT-C5500) plugged into my TV (Samsung UE556530) on HDMI 2 (CEC) and the Aura plugged into one of the HDMI inputs on the Home Cinema.

I tend to turn on the home cinema first which then turns on the TV and Aura and when I click the small power button on the remote which controls the TV it will turn everything off.

I have HDMI Control ON and the Power Off Control set to All.

Also, I have a daily programme reminder set at 5PM to BBC1 HD to ensure the Aura is fully awake and guide populated.

| Mon 22 Nov 2021 14:59:46 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ariharry

I fiddled around with TV led CEC control versus Aura led control.

Switching on/off the TV switches on/off my Marantz, but not the Aura.

Switching on/off the Aura, switches on/off the TV and switches the Marantz on only.

I ended up programming my Aura remote to control the TV via IR using the smaller on/off button. I can turn off the TV+Marantz using the smaller on/off button. I then press the larger on/off button to switch on/off the Aura.

It is a faff, but at least I can use the one remote to switch everything on/off!

| Mon 22 Nov 2021 21:25:37 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rob.marshall2

ariharry - 2 mins ago  » 
    I fiddled around with TV led CEC control versus Aura led control.
    Switching on/off the TV switches on/off my Marantz, but not the Aura.
    Switching on/off the Aura, switches on/off the TV and switches the Marantz on only.
    I ended up programming my Aura remote to control the TV via IR using the smaller on/off button. I can turn off the TV+Marantz using the smaller on/off button. I then press the larger on/off button to switch on/off the Aura.
    It is a faff, but at least I can use the one remote to switch everything on/off!

Why didn't I think of that?! So simple but perfect.

| Mon 22 Nov 2021 21:28:40 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

I use a "one-4-all" remote control to achive the same thing. Works for me and has the bounus that SWMBO has her own "personal" remote.

| Tue 23 Nov 2021 7:22:15 #14 |
  5. Geoff_W

Geoff_W

special member

I have a similar but opposite problem - I don't want the Aura to switch on the TV/AVR. This is because I bring the Aura out of deep standby and if the TV is on while boot-up is taking place, I finish up with a blank screen which is difficult to get out of.

My setup is: Aura > Marantz NR1506 > Sony KD-43XE8005 (HDMI3/Arc).

On the Aura, HDMI-CEC is Off and One-Key-Power is Off.

The Aura remote is not set to control the TV/AVR.

This generally works fine for me using the Aura remote to control it and Volume/Mute. I use the Sony remote to switch On/Off the TV/AVR.

However, there is one oddity. My Aura comes out of deep standby at 05.30 and records BBC Breakfast from 06.00. When I later switch on the Aura to watch the recording, it also switches on the TV/AVR. It only does this when it's recording, otherwise it performs exactly as I want.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 12:28:39 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.