My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDMI CEC settings on Humax HDR

(4 posts)
  1. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Guys,

To make my TV work properly with my Soundbar I have turned on Bravia Sync (which the rest of the world calls HDMI CEC Control).

This gives the side effect of turning my SKY Q box and my Humax HDR box on and off when the TV goes on and off.

I don't like this happening and have found the setting to disable HDMI CEC control on the SKY Q box, unfortunately I can't find the corresponding setting on the Humax.

Can somebody please let me know where this setting is "Hidden".

Regards,

Paul

| Mon 2 Mar 2020 17:46:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulrichardson - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Guys,
    To make my TV work properly with my Soundbar I have turned on Bravia Sync (which the rest of the world calls HDMI CEC Control).
    This gives the side effect of turning my SKY Q box and my Humax HDR box on and off when the TV goes on and off.
    I don't like this happening and have found the setting to disable HDMI CEC control on the SKY Q box, unfortunately I can't find the corresponding setting on the Humax.
    Can somebody please let me know where this setting is "Hidden".
    Regards,
    Paul

Sadly the CEC control system is poorly supported unless you you use kit from the same maker.

Fortunately you can disable it by using an adaptor that disables pin 13 on the HDMI cable. You will of course need to manually select the HDMI port you want to view content using the TV remote.

Fit this either end of the cable that connects the Humax box to the TV.

| Mon 2 Mar 2020 20:31:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

p2n

Have you checked if your Sony TV has the latest software? 2019 tv's have settings such as "Auto devices on and off" and "Bravia Sync device list" with selective enabling of devices.

| Fri 13 Mar 2020 18:22:08 #3 |
  4. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

p2n - 18 hours ago  » 
    Have you checked if your Sony TV has the latest software? 2019 tv's have settings such as "Auto devices on and off" and "Bravia Sync device list" with selective enabling of devices.

Hi thanks for the suggestion, but I am fully up to date on the Sony.

I have now solved the problem by buying a couple of the CEC "blockers" that Graham mentioned in his post.

Regards,

Paul

| Sat 14 Mar 2020 12:51:45 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.