My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDMI connection issues

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roughyed

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me out, just purchased a 1100S Freesat box but I am having problems with the picture.

I start the box up but randomly the screen goes blank, the HDMI icon re-appears on screen then the picture returns after about a couple of seconds. It can be fine for an hour before it starts or it can be straight away, it may only do it once an hour or every minute.

I am guessing it is to do with the HDMI connection as the Freesat box does not switch off. I have tried different leads/tv slots but the problem still persists.

The TV is a Sony if that makes any difference.

Your help would be grateful as it is currently unwatchable.

| Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:58:15 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What is the picture resolution that is set? - I think the default is auto which is not what I would recommend. Try 1080p or 1080i, that way on any resolution change the TV does not have to resync which seems to be what you are describing.

When the Humax is not being used it should be left in standby, which after a brief delay, will power down the disk and all output including HDMI leaving just looking at it's clock and schedule and for a wakeup remote command. It consumes less than 0.5w in that state.

| Tue 23 Apr 2019 9:20:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roughyed

Thanks, I will try it tonight and let you know how I get on

| Tue 23 Apr 2019 12:26:29 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.