My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hdr 1000s HDD format?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cloggie

Hi all,

I'm new here but have browsed around and could not find my problem.
    I took over a freesat hdr 1000s and it seems to have a problem with the HDD.
    It won't pause - telling me -'this function does not work while retrieving data for time shift buffer. Try again in a few seconds'. Obviously it keeps saying that. I checked buffering - it's on.

I have done a factory reset. I have checked it is connected with 2 cables, signal fine. I have tried to check the HDD. It tells me 0% available, 0% used but, overal, 32% is used. I tried to format it. It tells me I can't format it - because it's not formatted yet....

I'm not overly technical but I'd appreciate some suggestions!

A.

| Sun 23 Sep 2018 18:47:57 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No idea where you bought this from. Everything you say indicates either the HDD is shot or the box has the issue with the failure to access the HDD (rare on a early HDR-1000S)
    Suggest you return it under the distance selling rules and replace it from a reputuable source like Humax direct

| Sun 23 Sep 2018 21:28:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cloggie

Thank you, yes it was bought online. The latest update is that switching it off and back on made the HDD disappear completely. I'm on the case and will return it.

A.

| Sun 23 Sep 2018 21:35:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cloggie

Update: one day it suddenly found its hard drive. I didn't hesitate one second and formatted it. I also noted it was still paired with the Freesat ID of the previous owner. That's gone now. The hard drive is pristine, the information about it sounds plausible, it live-pauses, rewinds and records.
    Not cheering just yet but this is progress. I read in another thread how pairing with the mobile app abuses the poor hard disk. Fingers crossed!

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 7:04:08 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cloggie - 1 hour ago  » 
    Update: one day it suddenly found its hard drive. I didn't hesitate one second and formatted it. I also noted it was still paired with the Freesat ID of the previous owner. That's gone now. The hard drive is pristine, the information about it sounds plausible, it live-pauses, rewinds and records.
    Not cheering just yet but this is progress. I read in another thread how pairing with the mobile app abuses the poor hard disk. Fingers crossed!

Don't wish to rain on your parade but there are reports of the missing hard disk suddenly appearing again. I wouldn't rely on it remaining. There's a very long thread on here re this issue.

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 9:05:24 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

grahamlthompson - 9 hours ago  » 

Cloggie - 1 hour ago  » 

Don't wish to rain on your parade but there are reports of the missing hard disk suddenly appearing again. I wouldn't rely on it remaining. There's a very long thread on here re this issue.

+1

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 19:04:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cloggie

Sorry Repasac, I can't see your reply?

| Tue 25 Sep 2018 19:51:01 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The +1 was simply agreeing with Graham's comments. There is a known problem with a failing resistor that is part of the SATA circuitry.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 8:28:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cloggie

Thanks. You may well be right: it didn't want to pause /record at startup today but a few minutes later all was well without me doing anything. I guess it will keep me on my toes until I get a reliable replacement...
    Out of interest, does the 1000s remote work for the foxsat?

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 19:12:56 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

YES, I believe that all of the remotes working on the default code set work on other recent Humax units.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 19:31:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.