My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hdr 1000s HDD format?

(18 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cloggie - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks. You may well be right: it didn't want to pause /record at startup today but a few minutes later all was well without me doing anything. I guess it will keep me on my toes until I get a reliable replacement...
    Out of interest, does the 1000s remote work for the foxsat?

One of the cheaper Logitech Harmony remotesshould solve the problem. but where does the Foxsat come into it. ?

The custom firmware for the Foxsat hdr-100S provides a fully working remote using a web browser.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 21:47:36 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cloggie

I might look at a foxsat next. I've had issues with 2 1000s boxes now. The first one was refurbished and sold via humax direct. It worked perfectly for a year or two until recently it started to refuse responding to the remote, would not switch on from standby. After a power off at the socket it would start up and after a few minutes suddenly shut down. One day that was its final action - it did not power up, not even show a light. Dead. And now this one with a HDD playing hide and seek. I've heard a lot of positive noise about the foxsat so maybe I'll look into that. I can't afford a new box and by the sound of it humax isn't bothered about the HDD issue so it's not going to be sorted any day soon. I kept the remote from the first box.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 21:56:56 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cloggie - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I might look at a foxsat next. I've had issues with 2 1000s boxes now. The first one was refurbished and sold via humax direct. It worked perfectly for a year or two until recently it started to refuse responding to the remote, would not switch on from standby. After a power off at the socket it would start up and after a few minutes suddenly shut down. One day that was its final action - it did not power up, not even show a light. Dead. And now this one with a HDD playing hide and seek. I've heard a lot of positive noise about the foxsat so maybe I'll look into that. I can't afford a new box and by the sound of it humax isn't bothered about the HDD issue so it's not going to be sorted any day soon. I kept the remote from the first box.

My 2008 Foxsat (with the Custom Firmware) is still used every day. However the HD picture direct from the box is somewhat soft compared to the later boxes. However the CF does include a DLNA streaming package for the recordings, that the newer G2 boxes can play back. The picture quality is as good as the G2 boxes played back this way.

If you buy a new HDR-1100S you will get a 2yr warranty and paired with a CF equipped Foxsat-HDR may be your best bet. You can copy HD recordings direct from a CF equipped Foxsat-HDR (we can't talk about how here) and play back even on a PC.

I have one of the first release HDR-1000S boxes with a 2TB drive so far it works really well though I did have to replace the HDD after about 18 months of daily use up to around 12 hrs/day..

Consider a used HDR-FOX-T2 which with the custom firmware has even more capability than a Foxsat-HDR assuming you can get a decent Freeview Signal.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 22:25:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cloggie

HDR fox T2, is that the foxsat with twin tuners? I can get freeview via the TV or via aerial. Sky kindly left me their disc and dual lnb.....

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 22:45:55 #14 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

The T2 is a terrestrial (Freeview) box. (The "T" is the clue here). Record 2 watch a third with some restrictions.
    The Foxsat HDR has twin tuners.

| Wed 26 Sep 2018 22:56:05 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Cloggie - 10 hours ago  » 
    HDR fox T2, is that the foxsat with twin tuners? I can get freeview via the TV or via aerial. Sky kindly left me their disc and dual lnb.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.XHumax+HDR-FOX+.TRS0&_nkw=humax+hdr+fox+t2&_sacat=0

| Thu 27 Sep 2018 9:36:50 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrdav

You mention the prospect of a resistor failure in the SATA HDD drive circuitry.
    Please could you tell me the Ref Des ( component reference) and ohmic value of this resistor and where to locate it?
    We have a HDR1000S on which the HDD progressively failed to be detected. We have replaced it with another hard drive and the STB cant find the new drive either. In view of the reported thread about resistor failure on the 1000S that seems worth looking into but nobody so far has said how to find it. Thanks in anticipation - DB

| Fri 27 May 2022 21:19:38 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

barrdav - 4 hours ago  » 
    You mention the prospect of a resistor failure in the SATA HDD drive circuitry.

I don't think there is any certainty that it is a resistor; I don't think anybody here has fixed one of these boxes but it is obviously possible as Digirepairs can do it.

| Sat 28 May 2022 1:31:02 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.