My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S in Italy

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

JamesB - 44 minutes ago  » ...
    Though at some unknown point in the nearish future, a UK IP address is going to stop being enough to get iPlayer. May still be necessary, but no longer sufficient.

It will be interesting to see how that debate plays out as I suspect that if iPlayer requires a licence or a subscription then a large percentage of current users will not use it. I have both a licence and the player and I can't remember the last time I used it. Ask the average under-25 to buy a licence or sub for their phone/tablet, good luck on that one.

| Wed 15 Jul 2015 19:27:07 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I don't think anyone expects the plugging of the iPlayer loophole to do much to resolve the issue of how the BBC should be funded. If users stop using it rather than pay for it, perhaps Whittendale will just sell it off.

| Wed 15 Jul 2015 20:55:01 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 3 hours ago  » 

JamesB - 44 minutes ago  » ...
    Though at some unknown point in the nearish future, a UK IP address is going to stop being enough to get iPlayer. May still be necessary, but no longer sufficient.

It will be interesting to see how that debate plays out as I suspect that if iPlayer requires a licence or a subscription then a large percentage of current users will not use it. I have both a licence and the player and I can't remember the last time I used it. Ask the average under-25 to buy a licence or sub for their phone/tablet, good luck on that one.

May be not all, but many will live in a home already with a TV Licence. The grey area is viewing away from the home address. Say in a Hotel with Wi-Fi that already has a suitable licence.

Sounds like a admin nightmare to me

| Wed 15 Jul 2015 22:42:22 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.