My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s issues of concern

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

I think the unit will be good and one of the best free no subscription freesat systems on the market to-date but I have had several issues:

1) Recording Length: program 30 mins recorded for 1 hour 37 mins
    2) Clock on front is displaying wrong time - 1 hour advanced and did not roll back
    3) On demand issues with buffering - modem speed 4.5mb but on the box the BBCi sometimes pauses, judders and slows down.

I have addressed these with Humax and Freesat, I feel I deserve a better response as saying we have logged your concerns and not we are investigating or thanks for the feedback, I just keep being told please address your concerns to customerteam@freesat.co.uk, but on the back of their brochure / guide it says to address to Humax, but I do not think Freesat like this, then why do they say this on their documentation, anyway if people have concerns about their freetime service and the box, it would be good that people address concerns to customerteam@freesat.co.uk and then feedback any response from them on this forum so we can see any questions and answers and hence not duplicating questions to Freesat. When they Iron out the major issues with this box then we will have one of the best non subscription platforms that I feel will grow in time with more content and services, better than other platforms and no monthly bills.

As we are paying a premium price I believe we are entitled to go to the manufacturer to relay issues and concerns, or we could give up on the brand and take it back to the store and Freesat <FreeTime> and Humax will not be given the opportunity to sort the issues out and the brand and box will fail, they should be grateful I have given them the chance to fix rather than give up and return the unit as I believe their is a need for a box like this and with the right marketing and getting a fix so all services work will only enhance a brand and service that could be a very strong TV platform going forward.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 12:34:24 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your issue 1 - you give no data to enable any investigation - channel and programme details are needed (even your region in the case of some channels). Usually such issues are caused by incorrect signalling by broadcasters.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 12:54:12 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Issue 2 - Been covered on this forum already - Humax aware.
    Issue 3 - Humax are investigating.

I have deleted your duplicate post.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 14:28:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

Issue 1 above: ITV1 +1 London The Martin Lewis money show should have recorded 30 mins but went on to record 1hour 37 mins

Issue today - set a recording at 13.15 for 30 mins Channel 5 and it says failed Wed 31 Oct 13:15 - 13:15 fail ! but no reason as to why it failed and no overlapping and only one item recording at this time.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 18:13:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

This evening I had a failed recording on BBC HD at 9pm then discovered ALL STAR MR & MRS was still recording at 9.30, 1 1/2 hours after starting. This in turn caused Grand Designs to fail. At 10.15 I noticed my revised recording for Grand Designs and Dallas were not recording. As soon as I powered on the freeway it then started recording. More issues in one night than I had on my HDR in over 2 years. Starting to lose faith a bit.

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 23:42:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

skoya

I set series record on star trek voyager and for some reason it just forgot after a couple of episodes. bit worrying!

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 0:04:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

monterey

All a bit pathetic!

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 0:04:37 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

monterey - 53 minutes ago  » 
    All a bit pathetic!

Nowhere near as much as your comment!

Just how are you helping and supporting fellow forum members?

The last two posts raise genuine problems, without being judgemental, and it's very important we get to hear about them otherwise how are we to know whether the box has problems or not that need addressing.
    It doesn't really matter whether people are recording Teletubbies or Newsnight. I'd imagine for most people here, apart from keeping up with new technology, the main reason to buy the box was the ability to record tv programmes. For £200 less I could buy a single tuner freesat HD box and watch that live. £200 extra gets me a 2nd tuner and pvr function, amongst other bits, and I would like the box to be reliable. If the pvr funtion doesn't work whilst I'm away or for time-shifting then what have I paid the extra £200 for?

You may well be able to afford to be blasé about the money you spent on your box and be dismissive about other members' concerns, however for me it would be a big chunk of money and I would be naturally concerned whether I'd made the right purchase. It's important for people to raise genuine issues, some of which other forum members can help with and others that Humax need to be made aware of, without being put down.

In answer to the last posts, I'd like to think it was down to the clocks changing, time will tell, a lot of the timing problems I experience tend to be down to the broadcaster and affect all boxes and the 1000S is a new product with a few teething problems that will get sorted eventually (in the past I've been stung by philips, pace and thomson) with Humax being about the best out there, keep the faith.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 2:18:02 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It looks like the clock issue was a freesat G2 data problem as the firmware is unchanged.
    Barry any info?

My recordings all seem to be spot on - but then I don't tend to record channels 4 and 5 much.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 8:45:44 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

skoya - 8 hours ago  » 
    I set series record on star trek voyager and for some reason it just forgot after a couple of episodes. bit worrying!

Strange - I have had series timers for the 11:00 & 17:00 showings of this programme since receiving my unit, all have recorded, and timers updated.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 8:48:40 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.