My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s issues of concern

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

Barry must have the best Freetime box he has no problems and it works fine but Barry many others have been stung for £ for a pvr freetime box and are only trying to get it fixed sorted or if humax and freesat cant, customers have to decide to take it back for refund, too many faults with the box.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 13:59:07 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HEYABC - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Barry must have the best Freetime box he has no problems and it works fine but Barry many others have been stung for £ for a pvr freetime box and are only trying to get it fixed sorted or if humax and freesat cant, customers have to decide to take it back for refund, too many faults with the box.

Mine has performed flawlessly since installed. No failed recordings at all. Perhaps you need to check what sort of satellite reception you are getting from your dish.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 14:14:07 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

Have to agree with Heyabc . I have had a couple of failed recordings and recordings that have gone on for 3 hours for a 50min programme.

Notification lcons come on even though never have set a notification.

My satellite connections are fine. Also had automatic random changes of picture formats.

Obviously there are some issues to be sorted.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 14:51:03 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

Have to agree with dancingbarber I have had no probs with satellite signals as I live in flat had the system checked out and others getting good SKY signal in the flats and I have no prob with the previous freesat box SMT-s7800 I took it back to the shop after 3 months Samsung as I was told it was upgradable to freetime and should have had ITV player but did not, the shop were excellent. I have also had programs record that were not set up - Argos TV recorded a show on Drills and I did not set it up in the planner and no one else did either, strange!

Freesat - recording programs you do not want, missing the programs you do want, extending the length of programs and using up space on the Hard Disk, Clock showing wrong time on the front,On demand roll back ITV not listing all the shows as listed on ITV player, BBCi On Demand or roll back have to pause for 3 - 5 mins before I can watch the show and I have 4.5mb speed Broadband. I have reported to Freesat and Humax but get standard response we have noted your feedback. But they do not say sorry, thanks or we appreciate - we will get this looked into quickly for you. Its just disappointing when you pay £ money for something, its like buying the CAR and getting the steering wheel 6 months later !

If you want a good price, good service and right TV and sound products then Richer Sounds is a shop I would say to look at, I have been a customer of the store for years.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 15:01:25 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Very happy with my units performace expecially:

Recordings fine
      Great picture
      Smart menus

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 15:30:22 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 1 hour ago  » 
    My satellite connections are fine. Also had automatic random changes of picture formats.
    Obviously there are some issues to be sorted.

What signal strength and quality do you get when tuned to channel 407 ?

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 16:10:34 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

graham I will check when I get home. Thanks for interest.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 16:35:12 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 1 minute ago  » 
    graham I will check when I get home. Thanks for interest.

I should have mentioned, channel 407 is carried on the Freesat home transponder (Eutelsat28A 28.5E). Reliable access to this transponder is a key requirement for all Freesat receivers.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 16:39:29 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

MattH

HEYABC - 1 hour ago  » 
    BBCi On Demand or roll back have to pause for 3 - 5 mins before I can watch the show and I have 4.5mb speed Broadband.

Quick browse shows that iPlayer HD has bit rates of 3.2Mbps and greater. You may need broader broadband to take full advantage of On Demand TV.

HEYABC - 1 hour ago  » 
    its like buying the CAR and getting the steering wheel 6 months later !

I'm not finding any mileage in your analogy. How did you get your car from the dealership without the steering wheel? How'd the car get its MOT? Didn't you notice something wrong about the car before you bought it?

I'm sure you have a point to make, I'm just not understanding your emphasis.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 16:50:12 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

skoya

Barry - 10 hours ago  » 

skoya - 8 hours ago  » 
    I set series record on star trek voyager and for some reason it just forgot after a couple of episodes. bit worrying!

Strange - I have had series timers for the 11:00 & 17:00 showings of this programme since receiving my unit, all have recorded, and timers updated.

what do you suggest? - is there a log file or something on the box that could tell what happened?

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 18:54:06 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.