My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s issues of concern

(59 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

skoya - 22 minutes ago  » 

Barry - 10 hours ago  » 
    Strange - I have had series timers for the 11:00 & 17:00 showings of this programme since receiving my unit, all have recorded, and timers updated.

what do you suggest? - is there a log file or something on the box that could tell what happened?

I think the answer must be connected to the signal to the freesat transponder as Graham suggests in post #18.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 19:19:37 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

What signal strength and quality do you get when tuned to channel 407 ?

Graham seems like I need to get my money back. Channel 407 is apparantly unavailable ! I can try to pick it up with a manual retune....any idea what mux its on

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 21:33:48 #22 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dancingbarber - 20 minutes ago  » 

What signal strength and quality do you get when tuned to channel 407 ?

Graham seems like I need to get my money back. Channel 407 is apparantly unavailable ! I can try to pick it up with a manual retune....any idea what mux its on

It's on the freesat home transponder, that's why I asked you to check. It's not your box it's your signal that's wrong. Dish alignment main suspect. At a guess the other poster has the same problem.

It's on 11426 H DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3, your box will have it as 11427 or 11428. Without a reasonable signal from here a Freesat box won't work properly. A sky box will because the epg comes from 28.2E.

See here

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 22:04:48 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

I had the following set to record this evening:

5* Dallas 2300
    4HD 999 What's your emergency 2315

At 2320 wife and I were watching a recording of Grand Designs when I checked and noticed neither recording had begun. As soon as I stopped watching Grand Designs both recordings kicked in. Not the fist time I've seen this happen. I've previously had a pop up say a recording is about to start when it should have done do already. Again this was after hitting stop on a previously recorded show. I don't get it. I'm having a real problem selling this box to the wife when our previously owned Freeview HDR performed so well. I'm going to do a factory reset as a last resort. I really want this box to work.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 0:36:36 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HEYABC

This is the email I sent just now to Freesat / Humax. I hope they reply as so many issues concerns and problems with this box, I want the box to work as it has potential to be good but not great to-date.

1/11/12

Dear Sirs,

I would like to point out tonight issues and as I paid £premium price feel I need to relay the issues to Freesat <FreeTime> and Humax.

Set a recording for Channel 4HD 18.30 – 30 min show it recorded for 40 mins
    Set a recording for BBC HD 20.00 1 hour but the box recorded 3 hrs 1 min
    Set recording for Channel 5 13:15 for 30 min show and it failed

No overlapping – No power Cut and all programs set via the TV guide as per the instruction in the user manual.

Freesat <FreeTime> getting you not to the TV you love quickly, its making me climb walls in my home, maybe I need to zip wire out the window, or get the lady with the purple lips to come and help me as she is 97 and clearly better than all of us at rolling back time and maybe if I learnt to paint like she is in the add I will have something to do in the evening as the box fails, pauses, freezes and is not quick and the remote clicks when you press some of the keys, not all the buttons click.

I look forward to a response as quickly as you can. To-date I have not had a satisfactory response and I have paid £279 for a product that does not do as stated on the box, the shop said I need to wait for the first firmware upgrade and if that fails to resolve issue then they will be prepared to take the product back! When will the firmware be sorted, the clock on the front of the box is one hour out.

Regards,

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 2:19:44 #25 |
  6. Admin

Admin

administrator

Please do not replicate posts, the thread you started with very similar content to this post has been removed.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 8:34:47 #26 |
  7. Freetime

Freetime

Hello everyone
    I'm new to this forum but not to Humax, as I have previously owned a 9200, Foxsat HDR and now the HDR 1000s.

I also have recordings that continue after they should have ended.
    Signal strength on 407 is good, quality good.I know others are leading with this problem so I will just wait for a solution.

My unique problem, or at least I think it is. I am unable to hear sound on any backwards EPG programmes I watch. I think it may be a setting but cannot find which one. just to add, I listen through an onkyo HTX 22 normaly but even when I listen through the tv's own speakers there is still no volume.
    any help much appreciated.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 10:15:16 #27 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Freetime - 41 minutes ago  » 
    Hello everyone
    I'm new to this forum but not to Humax, as I have previously owned a 9200, Foxsat HDR and now the HDR 1000s.
    I also have recordings that continue after they should have ended.
    Signal strength on 407 is good, quality good.I know others are leading with this problem so I will just wait for a solution.
    My unique problem, or at least I think it is. I am unable to hear sound on any backwards EPG programmes I watch. I think it may be a setting but cannot find which one. just to add, I listen through an onkyo HTX 22 normaly but even when I listen through the tv's own speakers there is still no volume.
    any help much appreciated.

Hi Freetime and welcome to the forum.
    First time I have seen this issue reported. I am connected to a Denon amp by hdmi and analogue connections (the latter is used to feed a rf modulator to distribute the pictures) and by s/pdif to a pair of surround headphones with their own ac3 decoder. Audio is present on all of them.

On my system VOD is actually somewhat louder than live content.

Can you try a scart lead to the TV just to eliminate a hdmi audio problem ?

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 11:01:56 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

Hi all,

Also new this forum and (kind of) new to Humax. I picked up the HDR-1000S to replace a Samsung SMT-7800 which had developed a fault.

In general I have been pretty please with the HDR-1000S so far, I don't seem to be having any of the issues listed at least (other than maybe the clock on the front of the unit). But I do have an issue when first turning the unit on from standby.

If I bring the unit out of standby the unit loads and then shows the last TV channel. The picture then starts to get flickering lines across it and the sound jumps in and out. If I then put the HDR into standby then bring it back on-line it seems to be fine. That is until it has been in standby again for a period of time.

Is anyone else seeing any issues like this or is it just me?

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 11:16:02 #29 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Fine here - checck that the HDMI cable is well seated in TV and HDR.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 13:50:27 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.