My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s issues of concern

(59 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

We've had two failed recordings on our Foxsat HDR in the last few days - I came across this thread looking for an answer.

Dallas - Wednesday 31st Oct 21.00 Channel 5
    Dallas - Thursday 1st Nov 23.00 5*

Coincidence? Both recordings have the blue symbol on the media list and say "recording has failed - unknown reason" when you try to play them. Other recordings have worked fine before and after these ones.

Channel 407 has almost perfect signal strength and all orange or almost all orange on the signal quality bar. Anyway, the channel plays fine. Since we've had our Foxsat box, even the poorest signal quality channels have so far held up even during the most extreme rain we have had.

Regards,
    Reg.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 13:04:31 #41 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Channel 5 has a very poor record in the programme and series identification / signalling department.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 16:56:57 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

moshep

REPASSAC - 2 days ago  » 
    Fine here - checck that the HDMI cable is well seated in TV and HDR.

Sorry for the tardiness in replying, its been a busy weekend. The HDMI seems to be well seated, and a change of cables and HDMI ports on the TV seem to not correct this. I'm wondering if the box has an issue, but it seems strange that it corrects itself by quickly switching to standby and back. I might try and replace the unit and see if that would solve the issue.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 21:02:54 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

Well (touch wood) since I did a factory reset (corrected the clock on front display) all my recordings have been fine. Real shame that Humax launched just before the clocks going back. Bet they wish they had forseen that one. Hopefully all okay now. Does anyone else find the page info for where you are in recordings over complicated?

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 21:23:52 #44 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The clock issue was only a front display issue not EPG timings.

Missed recordings Chan 5 were also reported on G1 units, however from my testing they appear to have corrected that problem today... we shall see as the week progresses, left the timers set for now (do not normally watch/record Chan 5 at all)

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 22:15:58 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodlaw

Above noted however I was experiencing so many issues I was really taken a back that after such a short period of ownership a factory reset sorted it for me. My issues did involve Ch5 but also other channels too. The behaviour whereby I stopped watching a recording and only then did a scheduled recording decide to kick in was most peculiar. I've had plenty of PVR machines and never seen that one. Best thing about shift work is I get to debug the things without the wife and kids moaning. Glad it's working now. I'll always suspect the clock had some play in it. I don't think your going to change me from that. Keep up the support.

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 2:22:28 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ken bob

I have found that the delete function is a bit scarey no coming back or option to change your mind it is just deleted, it should have an are you sure yes or no option

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 11:43:11 #47 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ken bob - 21 minutes ago  » 
    I have found that the delete function is a bit scarey no coming back or option to change your mind it is just deleted, it should have an are you sure yes or no option

I guees you can't win on this one :-, one of the points that some complained about on the Foxsat-hdr was the number of keypresses required to delete a recording.

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 12:06:52 #48 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

They appear to have gone from extreme to the other missing out the happy medium.

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 12:21:58 #49 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gomezz - 23 minutes ago  » 
    They appear to have gone from extreme to the other missing out the happy medium.

Starting from a highlighted entry in Media

Foxsat-hdr OK Down Down Down(or left) OK
    HDR-1000s - for viewed content OK UP OK (non viewed content extra key reqd).
    HDR-1000s with same check as Foxsat OK UP OK LEFT OK (same number as Foxsat - 1 more for non viewed content).

| Tue 6 Nov 2012 12:51:30 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.