My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s June firmware update problems

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Hi I'm new and joined the forum to address the issue I have with my firmware update.
    I have read the locked thread about the firmware problems from the June update but have not got a solution.
    I also have a TV (Toshiba 40RL953) which now does not see the Humax via the hdmi link only since the update. I have followed advice on the locked thread and turned off and on the Regza link but to no avail. I often have to turn the humax box on and off upto three times to get the TV to see it (no signal box and blank screen) everytime I turn the TV off! I have changed hdmi ports and cables. No joy. It worked brilliantly and is now a PITA.
    Are there any other suggestions?
    Is Humax going to address this with another firmware update?
    I would value anyone's idea on a fix please.

Cheers, RMWD

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 10:15:59 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

First of all I'd report it direct to Humax cs@humaxonline.co.uk
    You could try turning the TV on first until its fully booted up ie 'No Signal' on screen or whatever your tv displays and then turn the Humax box on.

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 10:40:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Gonzo, thanks for your reply. I have tried your suggestion of turning the TV on first and this still takes 1 to 3 times of switching on the Humax box before the hdmi link is made.

However I did contact customer support as you suggested and this resulted in a fix of sorts. I was told that mine was the first report they had had and that this wasn't a general issue. I was sent a link to a firmware revision file with instructions on how to upload it which took the firmware back to the January firmware and this made the hdmi connection problem disappear. Though new firmware improvements have also gone. I was told that I should leave the normal firmware updates on and if on updating the problem recurred they would change the Humax box.

I will report back the outcome of this for others.

Cheers,
    MWD

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 11:39:53 #3 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Mmmm interesting response you got from Humax.
    Well I know of at least 5 people including myself that have reported the same issue to Humax which I've even still got the reply so don't know how they can claim yours was the first and wasn't a general issue.
    So what firmware version are you on now then, I assume its 1.00.22?

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 11:53:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Back to firmware version UKSFAA 1.00.22 Jan 2013
    I know customer services can deny problems exist but this guy was very helpful, sorted out the problem for me now and gave me advice on what to do if the June 2013 update causes the problem to recur. I also still have the downloaded usb file to revert if I so choose.

I think people with a similar problem who posted in the locked thread should give this reversion a go.
    BTW I bought the Humax in the UK from Humax direct and it was their customer services I contacted.

Hope this helps,

RMWD

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 12:02:05 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

So does that mean you've also lost 4OD?

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 12:09:25 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Companies always tell you that a reported problem is the first they have heard about it. They would tell the customer this if the world was ending.

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 15:11:25 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Yes I've lost channel 4.
    I think I would rather not have Channel 4 on demand and a humax box that talks to my TV than one with Ch 4 on demand and doesn't.

Further update.
    Did the June update as advised by humax customer service and the box reverted to it's hdmi no signal problem. Tried every setting no better. So reverted back to Jan firmware update.

Will get back to humax tomorrow.

| Thu 11 Jul 2013 16:30:01 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Well my interim solution was no good as the Humax automatically updates via the satellite feed and updates can't be turned off. So I turned on the tv this morning to a blank screen again.
    Humax are going to look into this for me but I can't see what they can do. Such a shame as I had a briliantly working system.

Anybody any ideas on how to stop the Humax from updating?

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 14:28:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Spoke to Humax direct customer services and they tell me there is nothing that can be done to fix my connection problems with my Toshiba. Like others my workaround is to turn the TV on, switch to DTV input. Then switch on Humax and then change input to Hdm1. Just hope the next update fixes this.

BTW got top of the line hdmi lead as suggested by the CEC wiki page made no difference.

Has no one else got this problem anymore?
    Would connecting my human to the tv with an hdmi splitter work?

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 9:51:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.