My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s June firmware update problems

(29 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 

Gonzo thanks,
    I have all the packaging and receipt. I will take it back tomorrow.
    Cheers

As long as its intact, just deny you've ever opened it. Just tell em the wife went mental or something

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 20:19:41 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

-gonzo- - 21 hours ago  » 

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Gonzo thanks,
    Cheers

As long as its intact, just deny you've ever opened it. Just tell em the wife went mental or something

Gonzo,
    thanks again. Currys took the hdmi lead back no problem.
    And I found another solution to my problem.
    A friend gave me a cheap 2to 1 splitter lead to put between the humax and the TV.
    Now the humax behaves just as it used to before the upgrade.

Cheers

| Mon 15 Jul 2013 17:38:02 #22 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

rmwd - 2 hours ago  » 

-gonzo- - 21 hours ago  » 

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Gonzo thanks,
    Cheers

Gonzo,
    thanks again. Currys took the hdmi lead back no problem.
    And I found another solution to my problem.
    A friend gave me a cheap 2to 1 splitter lead to put between the humax and the TV.
    Now the humax behaves just as it used to before the upgrade.
    Cheers

Bugger missed my chance - I would have paid good money for a list of people who have made similar purchases from them.

| Mon 15 Jul 2013 20:00:40 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

rmwd - 1 day ago  » 
    Spoke to Humax direct customer services and they tell me there is nothing that can be done to fix my connection problems with my Toshiba. Like others my workaround is to turn the TV on, switch to DTV input. Then switch on Humax and then change input to Hdm1. Just hope the next update fixes this.
    BTW got top of the line hdmi lead as suggested by the CEC wiki page made no difference.
    Has no one else got this problem anymore?
    Would connecting my human to the tv with an hdmi splitter work?

You could try connecting via scart - not ideal but should solve your problem.

| Mon 15 Jul 2013 22:44:22 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 

rmwd - 1 day ago  » 
    Spoke to Humax direct customer services and they tell me there is nothing that can be done to fix my connection problems with my Toshiba. Like others my workaround is to turn the TV on, switch to DTV input. Then switch on Humax and then change input to Hdm1. Just hope the next update fixes this.
    BTW got top of the line hdmi lead as suggested by the CEC wiki page made no difference.
    Has no one else got this problem anymore?
    Would connecting my human to the tv with an hdmi splitter work?

You could try connecting via scart - not ideal but should solve your problem.

Thanks Faust but you loose HD. I have solved the problem by using a cheap hdmi splitter between the humax and the tv. It makes the tv think that it has a non CeC device so the humax behaves like it did pre update.

| Tue 16 Jul 2013 8:17:19 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

groovyoldwoman

Hello folks - first time poster here. I found you because suddenly my tv remote was working the humax box and vice versa and I was having problems getting the box to work. I was having to switch it off at the wall and start again. This thread has been quite useful, as I'm not going to investigate my sony bravia programmes to see if I can switch off the linked hdmi.

I called freesat and they told me that the last update had linked all my hdmi things together but I would have to unlink it through my tv. Not hugely helpful, and the guy did try to blind me with science about it. Probably because he could tell I was a bit of a technophobe - I just want to watch the telly and record a few programmes!

Anyway like I said to read things on here has helped because now I know it's not a 'fault' with the box and I can either put up with it and hope they put it right next time, or try and unhook the hdmi link thing with the TV.

So thanks everyone!

| Fri 19 Jul 2013 9:59:35 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

groovyoldwoman - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hello folks - first time poster here. I found you because suddenly my tv remote was working the humax box and vice versa and I was having problems getting the box to work. I was having to switch it off at the wall and start again. This thread has been quite useful, as I'm not going to investigate my sony bravia programmes to see if I can switch off the linked hdmi.
    I called freesat and they told me that the last update had linked all my hdmi things together but I would have to unlink it through my tv. Not hugely helpful, and the guy did try to blind me with science about it. Probably because he could tell I was a bit of a technophobe - I just want to watch the telly and record a few programmes!
    Anyway like I said to read things on here has helped because now I know it's not a 'fault' with the box and I can either put up with it and hope they put it right next time, or try and unhook the hdmi link thing with the TV.
    So thanks everyone!

Welcome to the forum. Here's the procedure for my Sony Bravia TV

HOME, scroll left to Settings, Scroll Down to Set-Up and press centre button (OK)

Scroll down to HDMI set-up and press right

Set Control for HDMI to off

| Fri 19 Jul 2013 13:20:26 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

groovyoldwoman

Thanks graham, I'll note that down and have a go over the weekend.
    I'll bookmark this site if I have future problems as some of the threads have been very interesting to read.
    Keep cool.
    GOW

| Fri 19 Jul 2013 13:59:54 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

gadget37

<<Thanks Faust but you loose HD. I have solved the problem by using a cheap hdmi splitter between the humax and the tv. It makes the tv think that it has a non CeC device so the humax behaves like it did pre update.>>

Thanks for this, very helpful! I have been frustrated by being unable to use the HDMI connection if I go to turn on the box while it is recording. It wasn't happening until recently but now it seems to happen every time. Having read the above I tried some careful testing. I have a Sony TV from 2008. If I turn the Sony TV completely off and turn on the Humax Freesat box first, then turn on the Sony TV, EVERY TIME the HDMI fails to work. Nothing can be done without turning off the Humax box.

So my conclusion is that the HDCP HDMI handshake, or at least something detecting whether a live TV is plugged in, happens when the box is turned on, and not when the TV is turned on. This includes when the box comes on to start recording something. When recording something even turning off the box does not help - I need to power down the box by unplugging it, which of course stops the recording.

I seem to have fixed the problem by inserting an HDMI switch between the TV and the Humax box, together with a second HDMI cable.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDS3-Switch-output-Switcher/dp/B0020426AG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&qid=1375261584&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+switch

- testing this when I turn off the TV, then turn on the Humax box, then turn on the TV, it seems to work OK.

Thanks to all in this thread for the hints. I will now report this to Humax.

| Wed 31 Jul 2013 10:08:27 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.