My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s June firmware update problems

(29 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 

Has no one else got this problem anymore?

I've still got it, but it only seems to be when the box is recording something.
    I've noticed that when it is recording the HDMI output on the box has power going to it which seems to cause the problems when the box it turned on before the TV screen has fully come on.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 10:03:08 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

-gonzo- - 50 seconds ago  » 

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Has no one else got this problem anymore?

I've still got it, but it only seems to be when the box is recording something.
    I've noticed that when it is recording the HDMI output on the box has power going to it which seems to cause the problems when the box it turned on before the TV screen has fully come on.

Thanks Gonzo. My humax does it at all times, recording or not.
    As the problem seems to be a communication error between the humax and my Toshiba and both have the latest updates, might using an hdmi splitter/hub to connect the humax to the TV just work?
    I am loathe to buy one having spent £70 on a cable which made no difference! Might try and borrow one.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 10:07:37 #12 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 

I am loathe to buy one having spent £70 on a cable which made no difference! Might try and borrow one.

£70 someone saw you coming, there's never ever a need to spend that much on a HDMI cable.
    Granted you never want to go too cheap as build quality may be questionable, but £70 is an insane amount to spend.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 10:52:30 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

While not designed for this purpose the linked adaptors here use the cec control connectors to transmit ir control signals. They thus effectively when set to ir transmit disable cec control signals. A pair of these and your original el cheapo hdmi cable may well fix the problem.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cablesson-Injector-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B005KLROCG&tag=blusas008-21

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 13:53:33 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    While not designed for this purpose the linked adaptors here use the cec control connectors to transmit ir control signals. They thus effectively when set to ir transmit disable cec control signals. A pair of these and your original el cheapo hdmi cable may well fix the problem.
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cablesson-Injector-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B005KLROCG/?tag=blusas008-21

/?tag=blusas008-21

Graham,
    thank you, though I must admit I don't really understand what these do in spite of reading the info on the amazon link. The CEC(Regza link) on my tobisha can be and is off already. Though off or on the humax isn't seen when turning on the TV while the hmax is on.

I read that the June update changed the CEC link from one that uses hard addresses for peripherals to virtual addresses. Has this caused the problem? I don't understand why when the humax is recognised and a live picture is being received the TV still puts up a No signal dialogue.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 16:46:34 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

-gonzo- - 5 hours ago  » 

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 

£70 someone saw you coming, there's never ever a need to spend that much on a HDMI cable.
    Granted you never want to go too cheap as build quality may be questionable, but £70 is an insane amount to spend.

I agree a ridiculous amount of money for a cable, but I was in no position to know whether or not it was the cable. I know now it wasn't, but Currys don't do refunds.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 16:48:10 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rmwd - 29 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 hours ago  » 
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cablesson-Injector-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B005KLROCG&tag=blusas008-21

Graham,
    thank you, though I must admit I don't really understand what these do in spite of reading the info on the amazon link. The CEC(Regza link) on my tobisha can be and is off already. Though off or on the humax isn't seen when turning on the TV while the hmax is on.
    I read that the June update changed the CEC link from one that uses hard addresses for peripherals to virtual addresses. Has this caused the problem? I don't understand why when the humax is recognised and a live picture is being received the TV still puts up a No signal dialogue.

The gizmos I linked to solved a similar problem to yours for a poster. If the connections in a hdmi cable normally used for cec control are interrupted then there can't be any interaction. To the TV and the PVR it appears neither has cec support.

CEC on paper sounds good but it's not clever enough.

I recently set up a system for my daughter using a Yamaha Home Cinema system and a Panasonic TV. One of the inputs to the AV amplifier is a HDR FOX T2. Like all such Freeview units to listen to radio you only need the TV on to select the desired radio channel as the audio comes through the speakers not the poor quality TV speakers. Choose the radio channel and then turn off the TV, result the amp powers off as well

Turned of CEC on Amp and TV, no problem. How hard is it to press a source button on the TV ?

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 17:18:45 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

Graham,
    thank you, that makes sense. I'll give it a go.
    Cheers.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 17:21:09 #18 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

rmwd - 1 hour ago  » 

-gonzo- - 5 hours ago  » 

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 

I agree a ridiculous amount of money for a cable, but I was in no position to know whether or not it was the cable. I know now it wasn't, but Currys don't do refunds.

That can't be right surely? Is the packaging damaged in any way?

You have changed your mind?

If you change your mind and would like to return your product, we're happy to exchange or refund it as long as:

The product is in its original unopened and sealed packaging
    You return it within 21 days of date of purchase
    You have proof of purchase (Original receipt, delivery note, bank statement)

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 18:41:02 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmwd

-gonzo- - 35 minutes ago  » 

rmwd - 1 hour ago  » 

-gonzo- - 5 hours ago  » 

rmwd - 3 minutes ago  » 

That can't be right surely? Is the packaging damaged in any way?

You have changed your mind?
    If you change your mind and would like to return your product, we're happy to exchange or refund it as long as:
    The product is in its original unopened and sealed packaging
    You return it within 21 days of date of purchase
    You have proof of purchase (Original receipt, delivery note, bank statement)

Gonzo thanks,
    I have all the packaging and receipt. I will take it back tomorrow.
    Cheers

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 19:18:07 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.